Did you mean: 

Word Hunt Diamond to return tomorrow - Tues 17 Aug 2021

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25121 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As the regular Word Hunt Diamond wordsmiths 

@Cleoriff  @Anonymous  @pgn  @Anonymous  @BobM  @gmarkj  @Projectionist @Bambino  @MI5  @TallTrees

@jonsie @TheresaV  @LukasB  

and @blissgirl who enjoys watching the WHD game know

last Tuesday`s WHD had to be postponed because of the issue with the first post on a thread being repeated at the top of every page.

Last Thursday evening, this problem was partly fixed - but, as a Community manager reported

"Now the OP is only displayed when you first land on a thread from a board, mention or unread post".

This means that regulars who join in the game at various times after the WHD game has started, and from various places - e.g. from tag, from another board, or unread post, could see "OP at top of page" part way thru the game, which would throw the game out of sync and cause confusion to all players.

Over the weekend, I considered the issue and have decided to go ahead with the WHD game tomorrow [Tuesday 17 August] but, aware that problems may arise, I will make the following suggestion:

- if you join the WHD game later, e.g. from tag, another board, or unread post, you will see the OP at the top of the page on which you joined in the game. To get rid of this OP at the top of the page, you will need to flick to the previous page and then back to the page you want to post on and the OP will have gone.

Please note:

Tomorrow`s WHD [Tues 17 Aug] will be the first game under the "New Look".

The Updates may take longer than normal - as I will have to experiment with expanding the size of the Reply Box; then paste the previous Update; and then add the latest found words in the right place, alphabetically, in the list of found words.

Thank you for your kind words and messages of support to my previous announcement about WHD having to be postponed.

I hope that each and everyone of you will be able to join with the Word Hunt Diamond game tomorrow [Tuesday 17 August] and that, despite any difficulties which might arise, we can all have fun with a game which has been enjoyed by so many over the last 71 WHD games. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

If it's a 'marathon' @Mi-Amigo, it will give @Bambino chance to get a few words in. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 23

Mi-Amigo
  • 25121 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

If it's a 'marathon' @Mi-Amigo, it will give @Bambino chance to get a few words in. rofl

I`m sure @Bambino would appreciate that... thumbsup

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 12 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Obviously starting later is a benefit to me, @Mi-Amigo but if it all becomes too difficult for you to run the game, abandon it.

I don't know about any of you, but so far I haven't seen anything that's been advantageous about this 'upgrade' to the community pages. I find myself having to scroll through 10 times more to find anything, and some things I'm looking for I've yet to find. I also don't see the point in threads that were started 4-6 years ago all of a sudden magically reappearing. Can someone explain the logic behind that?

Improvements? I think not.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mi-Amigo citizen-smith.jpgShall we be Rebels and post every answer as a new thread? 😀

Message 14 of 23

Mi-Amigo
  • 25121 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Bambino 

Hopefully you`ll be able to join in and we will all be able to cope with how things go with WHD. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 23

Mi-Amigo
  • 25121 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mi-Amigo citizen-smith.jpg

Shall we be Rebels and post every answer as a new thread? 😀

OMG "Wolfie" Smith ? That brought back memories @Anonymous 

An ex-girlfriend of mine used to call be "Wolfie" after the character because she said I was a bit of a rebel.

I guess she wasn`t wrong but don`t think posting each answer on a separate thread is gonna make the game any easier for me to cope with.  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 16 of 23

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Well, lets see how it goes....

Cleoriff_0-1629181925949.gif

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

PS when you add one of the copy and paste emoji's, it drops to the line below. (Well it does for me anyway.) like so...

Cleoriff_2-1629182263727.gif

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 23

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35749 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

Actually, @Bambino, I find myself scrolling backwards (or upwards) too - that blue footer and the several "Useful links" and "Related content" at the end of the final post in any thread on mobile is not best-placed for speedy response... 😑

Message 20 of 23