Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 9

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
The first date to put in your 2015 diary - the release of Windows 9.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/windows-9-release-date-news-and-rumours-102...

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/software/1305025/windows-9-threshold-release-date-and-features-rumour...

The changes between Windows 7 and Windows 8 were so drastic and came under fire from many critics that it's fair to say that people are sceptical about the release if a Windows 9.

I personally prefer Windows 7, although as with all new operating systems, it had a lot of problems shortly after it's release. I know that Windows 8 was created primarily to work with the Windows phones (although some people claim that its features were created for ease with all devices), but I don't think that it has done anything to help PC users.

I don't like Windows 8, nor it's 8.1 update.

Rumours suggest that 8.2 will be easier on the eyes and better apps.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Or Germanic version......Windows Nein!
Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hate windows 8 and like to stick with 7 just personal preference
Message 3 of 24

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
What features would you like to see in Windows 9 to convince you to upgrade?
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have windows 7 at home. Most have xp at work but I have 7 so at least there is consistency.

Expect a surface tablet shortly to link up as we upgrade. That would be on 8 though so watch this space I guess. Company has loads of ipads but they don't work well with Microsoft products apparently. Never had Apple so wouldn't know.
Message 5 of 24

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

To be serious,

My laptop runs Windows 8 and when I tried updating to 8.1 it screwed it up. I had to restore the system back which wasn't too pleasing.

Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 6 of 24

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
It's the same with Apple - new operating system at the same time as a new product.

And I had a few issues with updating to 8.1 - it took several hours to download and I had to restart my laptop 5 or 6 times for it to start to download. When it finished installing it wouldn't run properly - luckily it's fine now tho slight_smile I still prefer Windows 7 - it was less cluttered, ran more processes at once and looked less cluttered and more sophisticated. Apart from being slow, the apps on Windows 8 make it look cheap and a step backwards.
Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I agree that's why I stuck with 7
Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I read, which is not much I admit, it's just a remake of Window 8 / 8.1 essentially.

Windows 7 is truly a great desktop os and I intend to use it for a long time to come, for all of my computers.

Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Likewise slight_smile
Message 10 of 24