cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are so many Community members invisible?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do so many O2 Community members fail to make information available about themselves?  Or am I not pressing the right buttons to be able to view their profiles.  OK maybe I am an old noseyparker (don't know what the 21st century term for that is) - but I do like to have a little snippet of information about those I am corresponding with - it helps build up a picture of the person.   So come along now gentlefolk - get into "My Settings" and let's have a few lines of biography from each of you.  Let's see if we can do more to humanise this forum and make it a more attractive thriving e-neighbourhood!

Gerry

Wave

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Everything....of relevance....if you want (or not)

Its all there in my profile @Cleoriff  - Nothing of any real relevance to the work of this Community, but happy to (consider) answering any questions that arise.

Gerry

Message 21 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Its ok Gerry...I have already looked at your profile....you have not missed out a thing.:smileywink:

Beautiful pictures on the website also...:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 39

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I can't see what they are getting at...

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 23 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:

I can't see what they are getting at...

@Not exactly sure what you mean @anticpated   I originally posted suggesting that it would be helpful if members of the Community were to enter a little biographical material in the Profile section of "My Settings".  As you may have seen the thread went quickly downhill after that so I would not waste too much time trying to "get at" it.  It's all just a bit of fun to help us all relax and not take ourselves too seriously - and please be assured there is absolutely no ulterior motive such as trying to wheedle identity sensitive information out of unsuspecting customers. 

Best wishes.

Gerry

Message 24 of 39

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Look up the definition for invisible and get back to me on that. Drum

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 25 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

AH! silly moi @anticpated 

I am so sorry - I totally missed the subtlety and humour of your remark about not "seeing" what we were getting at.  Afraid I am being more than usually dense for a Wednesday (but not as dense as I can be on the other 6 days of the week.)    

Will try to do better in future.  Smiley Embarassed

Gerry insipientes

Message 26 of 39

Lltw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What do you like to know ?
Message 27 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm fine with some details as long as we stick to the Community Guidelines.

"Guidelines:

1. No personal info: Like any other website, the community forums can be viewed by anyone or searched via Google and other search engines. Your O2 community username will be visible by everybody but your real name and email address will only be viewed by the Community Team. For your safety and privacy please don’t post personal details such as phone numbers, BBM (Blackberry Messenger) PIN, address details, email address, private message content, sensitive customer service message content, IP addresses and other account information on the forum for everyone to see. If you see any personal information, please report it using the ‘Report Inappropriate content’ button on the post itself. Your information will be treated in accordance with our Privacy Policy."
Message 28 of 39

Lltw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can you tell me how to change the community username ?
Message 29 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will need to speak to @Toby who is site management.

He should be able to help.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/60444
Message 30 of 39