cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why BT/Yahoo email is sometime "slow" to arrive.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently email sent to a BT or Yahoo email address is automatically rejected by the relevant servers and placed on a "grey list". If a second  attempt is made later the email is accepted.  This apparently helps to reduce spam.  Details are at http://bit.ly/1lGkeqb 

Isn't it wonderful what you can find out through Google?

Gerry DD (Have awarded myself a Doctor of Drivel degree)

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous & @Cleoriff  Very happy to keep the thread open.  I seem to be having some problems connecting to BT email server(s) this morning - at least when I use Outlook 2010.  Access via the web seems ok.

Gerry

Message 21 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well at 16:44 me and  recieved our backlog of email notifications from o2.

Crazy

I've already replied to the posts they came from Whistle

@Toby i know we have discussed this in other threads etc ,but this is so frustrating.

I can miss posts where people are waiting for a reply or miss a mention via the '@' service and Private messages.

Its so ;Crazy

Edit to change actual time of receiving emails.

Message 22 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147002 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
I'm pretty sure you haven't missed any posts bob wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 23 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 Said "I'm pretty sure you haven't missed any posts bob "

Cheeky. slight_smile

What email provider do you use ? Do you get notifications Ok ?

At the moment I'm having to go back into the thread to see if a reply post has been made 😞
Message 24 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 124271 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

BoB...just a correction for me. It was 16.44 when all my emails arrived.

Last one before then was 2.30am this morning which was fine...then nothing (till as I say, 16.44)

When this email service is playing up ..I have two key times when they all flood in... 12.44 or 16.44

The time showing on notification is 16.44 but when you look at email you can see the CORRECT time it was posted...(Probably 8 hrs before):aghast_smiley:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry @Cleoriff

Me too.

Mis typed.

I'll correct it.
Message 26 of 34

MI5
  • 147002 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
I don't have notifications turned on bob - I can't be done with all the emails tbh....... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 27 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 124271 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

I think @MI5 has already said before that he has notifications turned OFF wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 124271 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

Told youLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then I'm really interested on how you personally monitor posts on the forum @MI5 , as you pretty much manage to post a reply both to new posts ,and replies to your helpful replies pretty darn fast !
Message 30 of 34