cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is that in my Profile Picture?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is NOT me in my profile picture.  It is a representation of a man called Harry Ferguson who was born near the town of Dromore in County Down - not many miles from where I am sitting at this moment! 

Among his claims to fame are development of the modern agricultural tractor (he is the Ferguson in Massey-Ferguson), being the first Irishman to design, build and fly his own aeroplane; and for developing the first 4-wheel drive Formula 1 car.

He had nothing whatever to do with mobile phones or communications technology - but hey, who's perfect?

A memorial garden to Harry Ferguson has been opened at the family home, and the following is the fuller version of the picture I took there some months ago:-

H_Ferguson_Mem_.jpg

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That is NOT me in my profile picture.  It is a representation of a man called Harry Ferguson who was born near the town of Dromore in County Down - not many miles from where I am sitting at this moment! 

Among his claims to fame are development of the modern agricultural tractor (he is the Ferguson in Massey-Ferguson), being the first Irishman to design, build and fly his own aeroplane; and for developing the first 4-wheel drive Formula 1 car.

So why didn't be put it all together and build a flying 4-wheel drive tractor with a formula 1 engine?

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So why didn't be put it all together and build a flying 4-wheel drive tractor with a formula 1 engine?

Hmmm - Maybe because there are not too many fields to be ploughed above ground level?

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmm - Maybe because there are not too many fields to be ploughed above ground level?

That's because nobody has invented a flying tractor yet.

Besides, it would be useful for spraying the crops, wouldn't it?

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, you'd better patent theidea quickly before anyone else sees it! Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, you'd better patent theidea quickly before anyone else sees it! Smiley LOL

Too late Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

They have with a Lawnmower...it's called a Flymo.....[Tumbleweed]

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That is NOT me in my profile picture.  

Thanks for clarifying this LOL I was sure it was you in the pic!

Nice story Gerry slight_smile

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is NOT me in my profile picture.  

Thanks for clarifying this LOL I was sure it was you in the pic!

LOL  In my part of the world that's what we call a "back-handed compliment"  @Anonymous 

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the idea of a tractor with an F1 engine - might stop them holding up the traffic!

Message 10 of 10