Did you mean: 

Which browser do you prefer?

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Internet has become a part of our daily lives now, most of us would never imagine a day without it these days. From checking a website to an email, we use some form of

browser to access it from a PC/ laptop.

Over the past years, users have been trying new browsers so they can explore new features and capabilities. Which particular browser do you prefer and why?

Some research conducted by Mashable

StatCounter-browser-ww-weekly-201121-201221.jpg

PS: My favourite is Chrome slight_smile

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well certainly Chrome is performing much better than Firefox on my 7 year old XP laptop with 1Gb RAM

Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
chrome main browser been using chrome since version 6 reason i use chrome its small , can add your own plugins and enable or disable. very easy to use. opera is my second browser. again light and fast. i gaveup on IE , last one i ever used was 6. i wish i could completely rmove for win 7 but you cant so i just turned the feature off in add and remove.
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Chrome all the way with Firefox as back up. Hate IE as takes ages and there's too much going on at the top of the page for my liking (admittedly not tried IE9 though so things may have improved)
Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really like Chrome. Only started using in within the last 12 months.

Previously I had always used Firefox, but a while back Firefox started taking ages (30 seconds or so) to load up, tried everything to sort it out but to no avail.

So I then started to use Chrome and I really like it. I find it very fast, loads quickly and it very, very rarely crashes.

I also use Safari quite a bit too, probably 60% Chrome, 40% Safari. I like to use Safari has I can add webpages to Reading List on my iPhone, iPad and then continue reading them on Safari on my PC. I can also add webpages to Safari on my PC and continue reading them on Safari on my iPhone, iPad too.
Message 14 of 21

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Opera is main browser, alternatively I use Firefox.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same as Fatboy. Used to love FF, but switched over to chrome. Mainly because of the integration of services, decent syncing across devices and great interaction with other apps.

I've recently also started using Chrome on my 4s. Not completely happy with that yet though.

Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I gave Chrome on my iPad and 4S a try but didn't like it. I found it a bit slow compared to Safari, but this is because Apple don't let Google have access to the JavaScript engine that Apple uses for Safari.

Also I use iCloud to keep my bookmarks synced with Safari for my iPhone, iPad and Safari on my pc. And Chrome didn't have this functionality.
Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using Chrome for over 12 months with Firefox / Arora as back up, however the most recent version of Firefox on some web sites clocks up quicker than Chrome.

Funnily enough GMail is one of them so maybe Mozilla have realised they have been lacking.

Since Microsoft have been nicking Firefox features IExp has improved in the last couple of versions but not enough to make me start using it.

Message 18 of 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The main thing about Firefox is that it is not interested in collecting information about your browsing habits, unlike some others.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gheko/Apple.webkit on Mobile & I use internet exporer on web.I've not got Windows 7 its just an XP.
Message 20 of 21