cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Android phone do I want/need?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last year I switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy S6. I couldn't get on with the Galaxy (no idea why, I think it was more that I didn't try) so decided to go back to the iPhone.  I'm currently pretty hacked off with iTunes and Apple in general so I'm thinking of switching back to Android.  So far I've narrowed my choice of phone down as follows but I'm open to suggestions:

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium (not keen on the look, too square)

Galaxy S7 (probably my first choice)

Galaxy S6 (slightly cheaper but doesn't have expandable memory)

I don't want a small phone as I'm used to an iPhone 6 Plus, it's got to have a good camera (I don't think the iPhone has) and a good, easy to use music player.  I was hoping for a Galaxy Note but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Thanks in advance for any opinions!

Message 1 of 101
100 REPLIES 100

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing pictures.  I'm definitely leaning towards the Sony now so I'll have a look at the X when it's available.  My favourite ever mobile was a Sony W800 so maybe I should give them another go.

Message 11 of 101

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous The iPhone 6 is markedly the best out of the 2. The 6S maybe newer but is slightly poorer quality insides than the 6

Message 12 of 101

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took some really good night photos with my 6 and I regret going for the 6S.  I do want to get away from Apple though as I've had all sorts of problems with iTunes and never want to use it again!

So many choices and I need to get this right!

Message 13 of 101

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94055 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

If the camera is really important to you then go for the X peri a.  It really isn't essential for me, the Note 4 serves my alcohol induced needs to take photos of my nearest and dearest. They are pictures for me and that's the important thing. I'm happy to wait for the Note 6 though specs are as yet unknown.

Message 14 of 101

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I think your a bit spoilt for choice @Anonymous There are so many good handsets available atm! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 101

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know and I've also added the LG G5 to the list (although I'm not sure if it's got expandable memory)!

I've come up with one good reason (for me anyway!) to stick with the iPhone at the moment - I'm on holiday and my cat sitter has an iPhone and sends me picture of Harry!  I'll need to work something out  before I change!

(For those that don't know me, yes, I am a mad cat lady.  And go make matters worse he's been poorly this year so I'm even worse!)

Message 16 of 101

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Do you find you use up all the internal memory on your current phone? If not expandable memory might not be a requirement for you. 

I totally support you in that being a cat lover myself. You need regular updates on the little guys! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 101

jonsie
  • 94055 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

A dog needs updates on you. A cat could care less as long as someone feeds them....

#justsayin'

Message 18 of 101

MI5
  • 149517 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I've come up with one good reason (for me anyway!) to stick with the iPhone at the moment - I'm on holiday and my cat sitter has an iPhone and sends me picture of Harry!  I'll need to work something out  before I change!

You can do the same with whatsapp......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 19 of 101

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't use all the memory on my phone (128gb) but I worry that 64gb won't be enough for my music and photos.  I'd have a lot more in this phone if 500 albums hadn't gone missing when I transferred iTunes to a new laptop!

Sorry Jonsie, I have to disagree!  My cat isn't like any other cat I've had as he follows us around like a dog and not just when he wants food.  He also managed to get himself shut in somewhere when we were in Florida last year so I need to know he's ok!

Message 20 of 101