Did you mean: 

What made me happy today...

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2213 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey guys.

In one of my old forums I was a member of (not existing anymore since this year), we had a thread where everybody just told in short what made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! slight_smile

To start: I'm working for EMS and my first call today was am expected birth. So we hoped we would be able to bring her into hospital just in time. But it didn't work. I was at the patient and she just said "it's coming"... My team-mate was driving REALLY fast, it took him about an kilometer to brake - during that time the baby was just born. Even we were a really young team and not long into job, we did VERY well and even the doctors told us we did excellent.

(Our last call was a reanimation on the street, the woman did not get an own circulation again.... But I guess that's the circle of life :D)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 2,234
2,233 REPLIES 2,233

ComaChameleon
  • 2213 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I wasn't on here for a longer time... I know, I know... But I was busy all the time.

Our renovation didn't end yet. The bathroom is still the same. But living room, diningroom and hall are new, aswell as all doors are new. 

On the other hand the old doors are still on the balcony and need to be thrown away. 

After I went to London in may, I had 1,5 weeks till I left for another vacation. 

And after that one I had to do my exams. My job title expired and got replaced by a new (law safer) job. So I don't need another school or so, just a tough exam. I finished well. It was pretty hard, but even I have bad exam nerves, I did it. 

Aswell as first aid instructor.

This year I fullfilled. my self a wish I had for soo long - I got my bike licence 2 weeks ago.

So in total - I'm pretty happy. Exhausted, but happy.

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 2201 of 2,234

Cleoriff
  • 124238 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

As I said on another thread, it's lovely to hear from you again @ComaChameleon 

It's been far too long.

Still I see from your post above you have been very very busy. The apartment sounds lovely. I guess with a full time job this has been such hard work.

Congratulations on passing your exams and your new job.

Please keep in touch. xxxx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2202 of 2,234

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37253 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Good to see you back for a while, @ComaChameleon - sounds like you have been busy! Hope you get a rest over Christmas/Weihnachten und Silvester.

Message 2203 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2213 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Oh yes... Very long 🙈

It was hell... We planned to renovate the bathroom, but the company what should do it tried to diddle us, so we canceled them half a week before it should start. - And we did  livingroom, hall and diningroom - thats half the flat in total. New floor, new ceiling/lights. 

Thanks grin It's not a new job... It's kinda a new rolename. I do the same job, but I now can give medication by law. Before I could give it and it was okay, as long as nothing happened... 

Still don't know why we invented it tho...

@pgn 

We are so understaffed due to illness, so I'm sure I have to work at first xmas day (yet I'm on call, but we won't find someone...). But I got vacation on silvester grin 

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 2204 of 2,234

Cleoriff
  • 124238 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

As I said, really great to hear your apartment progress @ComaChameleon 

Also lovely that you are now legally allowed to give drugs. 😂

(That really mmade me laugh. All in the profession have 'been there and done that'. 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2205 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2213 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

We even are allowed to give anaesthetics on our own. At least by german law, but there has to be a SOP before - our chief is working on that. 

It's stricter here, we don't even have ketamine in our storage, we have to go to the central storage and show the paper of who and how much we gave to a patient. 

Before I wasn't even allowed to give glucose without a doctor 🙄

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 2206 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2213 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Funny to see I mentioned understaffing already in december... Since then 2 positions are vacated (one terminated and our "grandpa" isn't allowed on duty anymore, he works in the office now).

and another one is unsure if he'll come back at all.

I feel like hamster in his wheel.

Today I bought my (first) motorcycle. I'm pretty happy about it as he sold it waaaay under it's worth. It was a very good bargain grin

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 2207 of 2,234

TallTrees
  • 11036 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 362 Solutions

That sounds very special and happiness all round @ComaChameleon 

Enjoy every minute.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2208 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2213 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@TallTrees 

At least a bit of positivity in this dark (working) times ^^

But she's at the workshop now. The mechanic picked her up  for me as I got too short legs to drive her yet. He'll make her lower. So I hope end of next week she'll move into her new home.

As many give their bikes names I'm thinking about how to call her....

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 2209 of 2,234

TallTrees
  • 11036 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 362 Solutions

Give the bike a very stylish name

So take time 

@ComaChameleon 

Happy 🏍 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2210 of 2,234