Did you mean: 

What made me happy today...

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey guys.

In one of my old forums I was a member of (not existing anymore since this year), we had a thread where everybody just told in short what made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! slight_smile

To start: I'm working for EMS and my first call today was am expected birth. So we hoped we would be able to bring her into hospital just in time. But it didn't work. I was at the patient and she just said "it's coming"... My team-mate was driving REALLY fast, it took him about an kilometer to brake - during that time the baby was just born. Even we were a really young team and not long into job, we did VERY well and even the doctors told us we did excellent.

(Our last call was a reanimation on the street, the woman did not get an own circulation again.... But I guess that's the circle of life :D)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 2,224
2,223 REPLIES 2,223

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Had family round for a BBQ in the rather unseasonal weather.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

just been out for a walk ... & ... had fish n chips then finished off with ice cream & dandelion & burdock slight_smile

Message 12 of 2,224

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Today I was happy when instead of having to take the bus and the train to work, I got a ride in a car all the way there. Also, the sun was shining on my face and it felt like a hot day in July (even though outside of the car it was actually a bit chilly). Bouncy

Message 13 of 2,224

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

just been out for a walk ... & ... had fish n chips then finished off with ice cream & dandelion & burdock slight_smile

What's your favourite ice cream flavour @Anonymous?

Message 14 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

What's your favourite ice cream flavour @Anonymous?

tuti fruiti ... but ... it's not widely available so I happily settle for vanilla ... yes I know a bit boring LOL

Message 15 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

my son rang me today in his lunch hour

just to hear his voice makes me Bouncy 

he is to be married a week on Friday 

Message 16 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ComaChameleon 

Following the terrorist attack on the bus carrying the Dortmund football team last night, I was heartened to read reports of the solidarity between both sets of supporters. Here's a nice video that has renewed my faith in humanity somewhat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGP2egtDQGA

Message 17 of 2,224

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes @ComaChameleon it is indeed heartening to see supporters of both teams coming together uniting against the horror of the bombs. There are still many kind people in the world. Many more than the sickos who set out to maim and kill people purely because they think differently than them. We are all different but we are all the same - human.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 18 of 2,224

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

With so much sadness about these days, any hint of camaraderie is embraced and held aloft as a beacon saying this scum won't win.

Security begins after checking baggage in and these turban wielding warriors did their homework whilst yet again Europe's open borders policies put every citizen at risk whether targeted or not.

Let's be honest, despite the atrocities we are just about getting away with it.

Message 19 of 2,224

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous@Glory1

yes... amazing. Aswell as the hashtag bedforawayfans (or something like that)...

As long as the good behaviour and deeds are the majority, we will win against this stupid scumbags.

@jonsie

guess many would say reading from you again and see you're recovering will make many a people's day a bit happier wink

Today we got a call saying "lifeless person" (means a doctor will come too to the scene, we're not allowed to handle it on our own as an ambulance). The doctor had like 20 minutes to get there, so we entranced on our own. The son of the patient opened the door, telling us his father died (80+). Him and his mother were ok with it and it was a peacefull situation. Problem: if you call your gp (closed on wed afternoon), he is able to just write the papers and everything's fine, you can call the undertaker and so on... But if you call us... we are forced to reanimate, even the patient has a paper saying different. The son was like "oh, no, please not... He didnt wanted" and so on - even gave us papers telling the last wish of the father.

Law says we have to reanimate, as we have to think with his last breath the patient wanted to stay alive, just a doctor can say it's ok. So mostly it's performed a "reanimation" (not ... really, just like theater). My collegue had the balls to say "we'll wait for the doctor and not just push on his chest and so on"... I'm kinda thankfull he had that huge balls and that we were able to grant the last wish of this old man. The doctor told us we did right, so no problems with law and stuff, aswell as the son was happy we did it like that. It kinda makes me happy, even if the reason is a bit sad tho.

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 20 of 2,224