What are you watching right now?

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

frank-okay-R1J6Z1cnJZc-unsplash.jpg

Hi everyone wave

You might think we already have a couple of movie/series threads. But as @Cleoriff noticed, we don't have a thread where we can all chat about general TV and all the series, films and shows you discover and love. So, here it is!

Drop your recent watching and your recommendations in this thread. And maybe you will find a few things that you haven't watched yourself yet? 

Keep the remote on the ready tv

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 132
131 REPLIES 131

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Time to bump this thread I think.

Currently watching The Green Planet on BBC1, which is narrated by Sir David Attenborough. Filmed using new and innovative technology it allows us to see the plants through their eyes and of course using time lapse photography. It must have taken years to film.

Vera is back with a new series starting tonight on ITV1. The grumpy Northumbrian detective played brilliantly by Brenda Blethyn. Always a must watch series in this household.

The Tourist. A series I watched recently. On BBC 1. It was so good I binge watched the whole series. It's available to download so I really recommend it. The first episode shows the star Jamie Dornan in a truck driving across a part of a deserted landscape in Australia. Out of nowhere a massive articulated lorry approaches and knocks him off the road causing a massive crash. He wakes up in hospital with no memory of who he is. So begins a search for his identity with nothing to go on apart from an address in the pocket of his jeans. Pretty exciting stuff as there is a price on his head and a few people are out to kill or catch him. A great watch.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 111 of 132

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25666 Posts
  • 863 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for bumping the thread @Cleoriff 

I love any nature programme by Sir David Attenborough, so The Green Planet is definitely a must watch.

Enjoyed previous series of Vera, so will add that to my viewing list.

To be honest, not always a fan of BBC drama but The Tourist does sound like it is something different. Might be worth a look if it`s on iplayer and can watch it on catch up one evening.

Always seems odd to me how much TV programmes seem to improve after Xmas/New Year.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 112 of 132

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38807 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

TV viewing has become an on-demand affair since iPlayer came to town, never mind streaming services from Amazon, Disney, Netflix...

BBC's Ghosts - had a Christmas Special, always a good laugh.

The Book of Boba Fett on Disney+ is engaging, only 2 episodes to date. As a Mandalorian fan, the format and theme tune alone are engaging.

BBC's Death in Paradise, not for the crime so much as the weather 🔆

And for some reason, the sun always shines for 10 days on BBC's Father Brown... twee, but worth 45mins, 1 episode daily mid-afternoon for 2 weeks if watched on schedule.

BBC's The Mallorca Files were also quite good, but last series was cut short due to COVID restrictions - maybe it will return.

So what are we watching for about 6 weeks? That's it. Then repeats after that. 😯

Message 113 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Father Brown is a bit twee as you say @pgn but we enjoy it. The detective inspector of the current series always makes me wonder how he got into the force. 😂

I hope we have a new series of Death in Paradise as I'm getting fed up of watching repeats. A new detective without mental or physical issues would be nice.😉

New series starting (also in January) is written by the brilliant Jed Mercurio of Line of Duty fame. Called

Trigger Point. Another BBC 1 showing. It will be a bit confusing as Vicky McClure of Line of Duty fame is one of the stars. Also Adrian Lester (from Hustle)

Another 6 parter and the pre show info states

The high-octane series, executive-produced by Jed, focuses on two courageous officers, Lana Washington and Joel Nutkins (played by Vicky and Adrian Lester from Hustle), from the Met Police Bomb Disposal Squad.

They are put under immense pressure tackling a series of improvised explosive devices which are menacing the capital during a summer terrorist campaign. An experienced ex-military bomb disposal operative who served with Joel in Afghanistan, Lana begins to harbour suspicions the bomber is deliberately singling out her unit.

Then we have Dancing On Ice starting next Sunday on ITV. Can't wait for that as it's one of my favourite programmes.

By the way (and back to Line of Duty) the series finale was watched by 15.4 million viewers. That viewing figure was only matched by Heartbeat in 1999. So it's official: Line Of Duty is the most popular British TV drama this century. 😎

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 114 of 132

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38807 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Just watched Series 11 Episode 1 of Death in Paradise this evening - so hypochondriac DI aside, it was quite a puzzler. It is going the same way as the Kris Marshall and Ardal O'Hanlon DIs with the love interest thing, alas. Still nothing to beat the original DI Poole, Ben Miller.

Message 115 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

The Death in Paradise series they are showing on BBC1 has been repeated on Alibi just for good measure!

I agree @pgn Ben Miller was the best DI of them all. I had a real dislike of Ardal O'Hanlan (although I loved him in Father Ted. 😂)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 116 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Well the Green Planet was more than superb. It took years to film. They built a time lapse camera which moved. It was called The Triffid. Wonderful to see what goes on in the Tropical rainforests. I never knew there was a type of fungi which eats trees from the inside. Although it's a terrible thing, it's beautiful to see. At night it glows iridescent green from the inside of the tree(showing how much it's been eaten) Fascinating stuff. Tragic to see the swathes of rainforest lost with the acres of palm trees planted in their place. All to meet the needs of humans!

Vera was great as usual A few twists in the tale and quite exciting when Vera was 'taken off the case'. Needless to say that didn't last long.

@Mi-Amigo  The Tourist last episode is on next Sunday so the previous 5 episodes are available to download. I really recommend it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 117 of 132

RunrigForever
  • 2913 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Peaky Blinders on Netflix.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 118 of 132

blissgirl
Level 36: Perceptive
  • 8731 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks for reminding me about green planet @Cleoriff  will check it out

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 119 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

It's absolutely superb @blissgirl. You won't be disappointed. 😊

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 120 of 132