Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Welcome to the APRIL FOOL edition of

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

PLEASE NOTE AMENDED TIMES BELOW FOR SENDING YOUR PM'S WITH ANSWERS

As mentioned in the Advanced Notice on Monday HERE  I will be quizmaster this week and our resident quizmaster (  @Mi-Amigo ) will also be attempting to answer the 12 questions in this White Room April Fool Quiz  

THE  QUESTIONS

Q1: APRIL FOOL PRANKS: One of the greatest April Fool pranks of all time was the Spaghetti Tree Prank. In which country were Spaghetti trees said to be growing?

Q2: SCIENCE : In coal mining, what is known as firedamp?

Q3: TRIVIA: Who were the last two people to be imprisoned in the Tower Of London?

Q4:TELEVISION: Which famous film director, directed the first episode of Columbo in 1971?

Q5:GEOGRAPHY: Where is the Olympus Mons Mountain located?

Q6: SPORT. What football Club once had Field Marshal Montgomery as its Chairman and Arthur Conan Doyle as a goalkeeper?

Q7: ART: Which famous artist had himself tied to the mast of a ship so he could paint a storm?

Q8: MUSIC: Which Nobel Prize winner wrote 'Make You Feel My Love' for Adele?

Q9: WORDS: What is the connection between the following words: Leapfrog, Import, Shipwrecked, Zany?

Q10: MEDICINE: Where was the world's first human heart transplant performed in 1967

Q11: NATURE: What is the fastest two legged creature in the world?

Q12: HISTORY: Which British Prime Minister was Knighted a total of 26 times?

The White Room Thursday Quiz will be open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part will need to pm (private message) me ( @Cleoriff ) anytime after the questions are posted and up to 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 2 April 2020.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and the results for each player taking part - will be posted on Friday 3rd April 2020.

THE AWARDS:

Each correct answer will be awarded a star . In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

12 correct      10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers          answers       answers      answers      answers

diamond-thinker.jpggolden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg    bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Diamond         Golden         Silver         Bronze              Red

Thinker           Thinker       Thinker      Thinker           Thinker

DUE TO THE UNPRECEDENTED AMOUNT OF POSTING ON THE FORUM, I HAVE CHANGED THE TIMES FOR ANSWERS VIA PM'S TO ME

THE RULES

Each member are able to pm (private message) their answers to me ( @Cleoriff from as soon as the questions are posted... and up to 23.59 (11.59pm) tomorrow -  Thursday 2 April 2020.

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

I hope that our "regulars" quizzers

@gmarkj  @jonsie   @MI5  @pgn  @WispaRed7 @OldFart @Martin-O2 @Marjo and new members who said they would play... @O2Adnan @O2Sean 

all members who have played previously, those who have never played before, and new members will take part and join in.

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply on here.

Thank you everyone for your interest and I hope everyone enjoys this April Fool edition of the White Room Thursday Quiz. (Particularly in this mad world we now find ourselves in) tongue_winking

@Cleoriff 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 99
98 REPLIES 98

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Hecky-thump. 5 pages and 49 posts on this thread already - with 11 hours still to go... Dance

Yes I am going to start sorting out the answers from each member and getting them into the format you use @Mi-Amigo 

I can store them in One note and copy and paste here adding stars and thinkers (if relevant) as I go along.

What a 'nice job' Shirty

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 99

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

You guys are hardcore on this. The work you all do is really impressive. Can I ask why it is you do this? Do you enjoy it? Are you passionate about O2 or is it more of a community and helping people? Myself and a few other O2 employees are blown away with your knowledge and dedication to helping O2 customers. 

signature
Message 52 of 99

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@O2Sean 

I came in 2013 needing help. I loved the attitude and camaraderie of the members and stuck around. I learn something new every day. I'm a retired nurse who was dragged kicking and screaming into the world of smartphones...now I know a lot more and enjoy helping others. 

Before I learnt much I was known as the Queen of Off Topic which I still love. tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 99

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25116 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sean 

Without wishing to hijack @Cleoriff `s thread, I would like to give my take on the questions you asked and throw a little light on why I spend so much time on the Community - and, in particular, in Off Topic.

I joined the Community just over a year ago, with a query about payforit scam. I received so much help and advice from the members - not O2 staff - that, having been a member of several forums in the past, I had a look around and found that this is - as the name suggests - a Community, with members not only helping and supporting but also making novices, newbies and technophobes such as me very welcome. This is something I have never forgotten and am pleased to say that I regard these wonderful members of this brilliant Community as friends.

As I said, with my lack of knowledge I avoid giving bad advice, so spend my time in Off Topic, which is an escape for me away from my own personal situation and worries I may have. 

During my time on Off Topic I have earned a reputation for creating this White Room Quiz [a take on the Black Chair of BBC Mastermind] and the brain-stretching word game - Word Hunt Diamond. 

I was embarassed to be nominated and to be awarded Community Award 2019 Best Game Starter and have tried my best to live up to the title and try where possible to enterain the members of this Community with what has accurately been described as my "weird sense of humour" Bow 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 54 of 99

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

A sense of belonging I suppose. Plus the many friends you make even though you rarely see any of them. So many have become disillusioned and left over the years but sometimes keep in touch with them via other social media platforms.

Being retired now it fills my days around other things that get in the way of life.

Message 55 of 99

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@gmarkjPM with answers received . Thanks.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 56 of 99

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12039 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions
Not sure answers is the right word for some of those...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 57 of 99

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Answers sent @Cleoriff!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 58 of 99

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Yes PM received. Thanks @Martin-O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 99