ADVANCED NOTICE - WHITE ROOM QUIZ APRIL FOOLS DAY

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

ADVANCED NOTICE: WHITE ROOM QUIZ- APRIL FOOL QUIZ

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

This is the White Room Quiz with a difference!

Most of us know that @Mi-Amigo  has been setting these quizzes and testing our brain power since August 2019.

For this week`s quiz, I (@Cleoriff) have taken over as quizmaster.

I must assure you all that @Mi-Amigo has had NOTHING to do with this quiz at all, other than agreeing to take part and try to answer the questions.

The questions have been set by me and my other half, himself a quizmaster.

For this April Fool Quiz, there will be 12 questions, with one question from each of the following categories - 

April Ist, Science, Trivia, Television, Geography, Sport, Art, Music, Words, Medicine, Nature, History.

The 12 quiz questions will be posted on Wednesday 1st April 2020.

I would love it if ALL MEMBERS would consider taking part, including

@pgn , @gmarkj @MI5 @jonsie @OldFart @WispaRed7  @RyanK1992  @jezza1234 @Marjo @Martin-O2 @Bob_Mcg @Sy @TallTrees and any other member (new and old).

Everyone who wishes to take part must PM me (@Cleoriff ) their answers between 00.01 (one minute after midnight) and 23.59 (11.59pm) on THURSDAY 2nd April 2020.

@Mi-Amigo will also pm his answers to me on Thursday 2nd April 2020 between 00.01 and 23.59.

Any answers which arrive or are posted after the times stated will be declared null and void.

THE AWARDS

Each correct answer will be awarded a star . In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

12 correct      10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers          answers       answers      answers      answers

diamond-thinker.jpggolden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg    bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Diamond         Golden         Silver         Bronze              Red

Thinker           Thinker       Thinker      Thinker           Thinker

THE RULES

Each member must pm (private message) their answers to me (@Cleoriff )between 00.01 (one minute after midnight) and 23.59 (11.59pm) on Thursday 2nd April 2020

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received before 00.01 on Thursday and/or after 23.59 (11.59pm) on Thursday will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

Please feel free to take part. It's a bit of April Fool fun and I look forward to hearing from you. Your comments on the quiz are welcome.

The Quiz questions will be posted on Wednesday.

The answers will be given on Friday 3rd April 2020.

Come along and join in. I hope you are all looking forward to this White Room April Fool Quiz.  

@Cleoriff 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

PS, I have no knowledge of how I came to agree to do this. I must be mad  LOL

Seriously though, it's been great fun (so far) and does give @Mi-Amigo  the opportunity to take part in a quiz.

Oh and I managed to get this posted before the Asda delivery arrives. Bow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 42

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Diamond Jester this week, surely ? LOL

Looking forward to it 👍

Message 3 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Diamond Jester @pgn? Great idea. I'll send @Mi-Amigo  to look for one. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 42

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you [?] @Cleoriff for the categories.

Some I`m OK with but I knew there would be blooming Geography and blooming Sport Confused

Better go find that Diamond Jester - coz that`s what I`ll be getting...

Roll on the actual questions  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

And you also knew if I set the questions... there would be NO blummin Physics or Chemistry!! rofl

PS The Diamond Jester was meant to replace the Diamond Thinker (April Fool quiz)....but it was a joke, as it wont. rofl

PPS, I can reassure everyone that the Sport question will NOT be F1 related. I couldn't be that cruel. innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 42

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo 

And you also knew if I set the questions... there would be NO blummin Physics or Chemistry!! rofl

PS The Diamond Jester was meant to replace the Diamond Thinker (April Fool quiz)....but it was a joke, as it wont. rofl

PPS, I can reassure everyone that the Sport question will NOT be F1 related. I couldn't be that cruel. innocent

@Cleoriff 

I`m Ok with these categories - April 1st; Trivia; Television; Words; Nature; History

might struggle a bit with - Art; Medicine [especially if bones or muscles]

not a chance with - Geography; Sport [whether or not F1]

and totally confused with - No physics or chemistry - but Science

That said, should be a lot of fun - thanks @Cleoriff 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has the notification bug reared it's ugly head again?

Message 8 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Has the notification bug reared it's ugly head again?

Not for me @Anonymous . I presume you didn't get the mention in the announcement then?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 42

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Just checked and I think @Anonymous might be right - no indication above about a mention, and no email...
Uh oh...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 42