Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video games nostalgia thread

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Seems the 40th anniversary of PacMan was largely ignored this week! So to celebrate the golden age of video games, consoles and arcades, what are your memories and favourites between 1970 something and um, shall we say the year 2000 to limit the field for now. 

Lets start with the ever classic Space Invaders arcade version. Found in most places usually with kids placing their 10p on the top in anticipation of getting a game. Usually met with swift disappointment by either a kid playing who could play forever on a single 10p or when you got a go, you suddenly found your 10p go had the lifetime of a few seconds as you realised you had no co-ordination! Followed by the rather quick shove-off by the next kid in line.

I

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 18.20.20.png

When it comes to nostalgia games I could go on forever, Dizzy on the C64 so many adventures. Wonderboy on the Sega Master System, found out this week it's been re-released on the Nintendo Switch.

Super Metroid on the Super Nintendo, and Zelda Link to the Past, I could go on forever.

I have contemplated buying an arcade gamepad to re-live the classic 80s arcades.

signature
Message 11 of 11