Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria station - is anyone familiar with this station

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi       Im meeting a friend at Victoria station shortly and suggested we meet at the foodstore near Platform 16-18.      Its been there for as long as I can remember BUT I cant recall its name !!

Any commuters are welcome to assist?

.. Any suggestions??  Ive tried various search terms but they are only interested in Victoria Palace Mall

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

On return I vowed to go again.  Circumstance and lack of need probably accounts for lack of travel alone. Accompanied, theres been trips to S Africa, Carribbean, Eurpoe, Russia, and DR Congo. 

But going it alone with tickets, passports, trying to hear a myriad of announcements, water bottle, Plus No one to leave bags with for comfort stops or shopping is something else:  thinking:

My next step is to try more phone calls - I do but not many. And i always begin with ''Im partially hearing please speak a little slower''

Message 21 of 28

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks for everyones encouragement . Luvly luvly group of pals.

I HAVE made a few calls from my Amplicomms phone to familiar voices.  All good , thumbsup mixed quality. 

Would a post/blog on 02 be of value under the subject of ''deaf awareness''. To post things that go right, wrong or the happenings?  Please be honest or mention a better site or way to do this if thats more appropriate .

pray bless you all Bouncy

Message 22 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A blog of your experiences in the access for all section of the forum sounds good to me.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That will be excellent @Jenny105  if only so others can understand the problems deaf people experience on a daily basis.

There but for the grace of god......

Message 24 of 28

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Jenny105 I agree with the above, that'd be really great and useful on our Access for All boardsmiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 25 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Jenny105 

It would be very helpful smiling

Message 26 of 28

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

OK folks.     I'll kick off soon , My experiences. Hopefully other 02ers will chip in with theirs. More different experiences. Few of us have the courage to speak out about it.   ''Its not really a disability is it''

If any 02ers have queries or questions, that might kick off the direction I could start in.  

Message 27 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Jenny105 

The buzz phrase of the moment ... is ... Hidden Illness

I don't look like I am disabled (mainly mentally) ... I just try to do the best I can to look after myself when out and about ... sometimes ... this means I have to exit a social situation quick smart, either on foot or by taxi, which is where my invaluable phone XperiaL1 comes into its own ... & ... the understanding of friends is a wonderful help in not making a fuss 

I have great difficulty hearing what my softly spoken son Alex says to me when he rings me about every 3 weeks ... he is in the car travelling home with the phone on speakerphone ... he would be very annoyed with me if I asked him to repeat himself ... ANY IDEAS @Jenny105 or anyone else please would be helpful

Message 28 of 28