cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded Eurovision Song Contest.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm hiding under the kitchen table away from this sorry excuse for a Song Contest. 😞

What you you think if this programme.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
WoW a bearded lady won it.

slight_smile
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saw the tail end of the contestants performing part so saw/heard the Netherlands entry

= a bit folksy 

male/female duo

'the calm after the storm'

it was enough for me to see the snippets showing their phone numbers to vote using mobile

yes I did vote for the Netherlands 

it came 2nd

what does this say about my musical taste LOL

wispaRed7

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123064 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

All a load of political motivated drivel (Sorry).

You know exactly which country votes for which....(Like a band of brothers in the worst possible way)

No, I never watched it as I was on a plane home to UK...

But then I haven't watched it for years, since it became such a political voting toolCrazy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I actually thought it was quite good
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Well I was out watching a live gig 'Who's Next', a tribute band to The Who. A cracking evening and great to get away from the party political broadcast for the 'you scratch my back' party!.

Somehow I don't feel I have missed out watching the bearded ladyboy, the Thai variety are much better looking!

I got back just in time to watch Agnetha Fältskog who I had a penchant for back in the seventies and eighties Happy Dance

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I would rather have been doing that Jonsie sounds great slight_smile
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123064 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Well I was out watching a live gig 'Who's Next', a tribute band to The Who. A cracking evening and great to get away from the party political broadcast for the 'you scratch my back' party!.

Somehow I don't feel I have missed out watching the bearded ladyboy, the Thai variety are much better looking!

I got back just in time to watch Agnetha Fältskog who I had a penchant for back in the seventies and eighties Happy Dance

Hi @jonsie . Were Who's Next as good as I said? (haha...when I told you that you had probably already

seen them)

I can only blame the flight for my delayed response Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Hi @jonsie . Were Who's Next as good as I said? (haha...when I told you that you had probably already

seen them)

I can only blame the flight for my delayed response Confused

Yes they were @Cleoriff , highly recommended not just for the music but for the energy and the almost perfect recreation of the sound of The Who. I think they must use the same backing tracks too.

My only complaint was that the venue was too small for them basically being a moderate sized pub so it was packed out. The volume was a little overpowering at times but a great night out, sadly shared alone.

...authentic thai supper too!:smileywink:

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I too, watched the following programme about 'the blonde one in ABBA' 

She is still as pretty as she was

& her voice has hardly altered

such integrity from a mature woman who was a 'pin-up' when ABBA were in their heyday

good to hear her story & the ABBA story basically from her viewpoint

I remember the solo album coming out & reviewed on Radio4

the album now goes on my list of 'what to buy next payday'

below the entry for need to get a basic desk-top printer wink

WispaRed7

Message 10 of 10