Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The X-Factor

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So I decided to start watching again now that Louis Walsh is gone, love him though I did, and there are 3 new judges. Interesting we have Mr and Mrs Robbie Williams. Why? Anyway hopefully with Louis gone, we'll no longer see the weird and wonderful acts he put through which were truly dreadful. Honey G anyone!

So who's watching and what do you think of the acts put through so far? A couple were amazing, I thought.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12123 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions
Ah, thanks for that @Cleoriff.
So was the song that was sung Never Enough, or was that the replaced one?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 171 of 264

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Never enough was the song she sang on Saturday. Earlier in the week she had chosen a different song, I'm not sure what one that was?

In fact the list I printed earlier in the thread (from Tellymix) covered all the songs that were actually sung on the night. So their website had updated everything.

Until a week or so ago, I didn't realise you COULD find the songs before the show.

Different to SCD. The BBC Strictly website shows all the music and dance choices by Wednesday.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 172 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Never enough was the song she sang on Saturday. Earlier in the week she had chosen a different song, I'm not sure what one that was?

In fact the list I printed earlier in the thread (from Tellymix) covered all the songs that were actually sung on the night. So their website had updated everything.

Until a week or so ago, I didn't realise you COULD find the songs before the show.

Different to SCD. The BBC Strictly website shows all the music and dance choices by Wednesday.

Neither did I @Cleoriff. Useful to know, so thanks for that.

Message 173 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

That's fine @Glory1

I will be away from this Friday morning to Monday afternoon....so you are in charge....joy

I don't think I will be in any state to post anything.....Rock 'n Roll and much boozing will be the plan for me Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 174 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

That's fine @Glory1

I will be away from this Friday morning to Monday afternoon....so you are in charge....joy

I don't think I will be in any state to post anything.....Rock 'n Roll and much boozing will be the plan for me Bouncy

No problem, it's my thread after all so, in theory, I should be in charge, not always the case, though LOL

What about SCD @Cleoriff? Will you be too p!$$ed to post on that thread as well? Just asking in case you want me to be in charge there too LOL

Not trying to take over, you understand, just asking so I know my Saturday night tasks joy

Message 175 of 264

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Glory1

I won't even get to see SCD. By the time that starts we are back at the venue ready for the evenings entertainment. Neither will I see the results show on Sunday for the same reason

I will catch up with the X Factor when they repeat it on the Sunday. This is usually before our afternoon entertainment/drinking begins. I won't see the results show....Confused

So....... it would be best not to rely on me for anything.....I will be absolutely no use to anyone joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 176 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1

I won't even get to see SCD. By the time that starts we are back at the venue ready for the evenings entertainment. Neither will I see the results show on Sunday for the same reason

I will catch up with the X Factor when they repeat it on the Sunday. This is usually before our afternoon entertainment/drinking begins. I won't see the results show....Confused

So....... it would be best not to rely on me for anything.....I will be absolutely no use to anyone joy

Ok, @Cleoriff so I'm in charge of SCD and X Factor. It'll be a busy weekend then but I'm up for the challenge :happy-smiley58

Message 177 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Right, my faves Dalton, Danny and Scarlett, in that order.

Acacia and Aaliyah, oh dear an original song Fear  Banana

Now I'm about to eat, I'm hungry. Back later.

Message 178 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

So hunger satisfied, what did I think of tonight's show:

Scarlett: superb as always. She's got a great voice and sang Can't Take My Eyes Off You very well, considering the fact she's not really a Big Band singer. Top marks for effort and she succeeded.

Brendan: BORING! To be honest I don't know what the judges hear when they rave about his voice. It's nothing special. Soft and wavery it'd put me to sleep in minutes. Could, or should I say should, be in the bottom 2 again.

Shan: not her best effort, in my opinion. Summertime is one of my favourite songs from Porgy and Bess and I don't think she did it justice. Her voice was a bit shaky in places and for me, she's sung better. I don't think Big Bands did her any favours.

Anthony: Love Beyond the Sea and am old enough to remember Bobby Darin's version which is a classic. Sorry but not keen on Anthony's rendition at all. Again, Big Bands not really for his voice which is more soulful. A thumbs down from me.

Acacia and Aaliyah: oh dear, an original song. What were they thinking. Definitely not Big Band and most definitely awful. Bottom 2 beckons, girls.

Bella: she has a very good voice and as I've said before should stick to singing and leave the rapping out; she ain't that good at it to be brutally honest. Didn't like the song and had to agree with Louis, Nile and Ayda, totally the wrong song choice for her. Could well be in trouble.

Dalton: smashed it again. I'll be very surprised if he's not in the Final and even more surprised if he doesn't win.

Danny: My Way is another favourite. And while never a fan of Frank Sinatra, I had to admit very few people have come close to his rendition of the song. Maybe Paul Anka, but he wrote it after all; for Frank, though, not himself. Danny's version started off shaky but picked up and was good, not great but good enough to keep him in, I think.

But as always, the voting public have their own, strange, views. So tomorrow should be interesting. Of all the singers only Dalton is, I would say, safe.

On to tomorrow and the results.

Apologies for all the edits, folks. Clearly I can't read joy

Message 179 of 264

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

WTF!!! Bella goes and Acacia and Aaliyah still there.

Seriously, were the public watching a different show to me. Absolutely amazing that Bella has gone. She was tons better than Acacia and Aaliyah who didn't even stick to this week's theme. 

Really the public totally continue to surprise me.

Message 180 of 264