Did you mean: 

The White Room Thursday Quiz - People`s Choice 05 Mar 2020

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

Each week, there are EIGHT questions, from a range of categories.

This week is the PEOPLE`S CHOICE:

EIGHT CATEGORIES CHOSE BY MEMBERS OF THE O2 COMMUNITY

ONE QUESTION IN EACH CATEGORY CHOSEN BY QUIZMASTER @Mi-Amigo                              

THIS WEEK`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 [FOOD & DRINK]: Where is islinglass gelatin obtained from?

Q2 [TV]: Which British TV sit-com from 1970s/80s featured Ben and Ria Parkinson and their two sons, Adam and Russell?

Q3 [SPORT]: Who is Lord`s Cricket Ground named after?

Q4 [BIOLOGY]: Which part of the human body is affected by the medical condition aphakia ?

Q5 [NATURE]: Which species of tree was the tallest ever recorded?

Q6 [ROCK/POP MUSIC]: The name of which band was inspired by the nickname of musician Charlie Parker?

Q7 [GEOGRAPHY]: In which country are the Toodos montains?

Q8 [FILMS/MOVIES]: Which was the first completed film directed by Alfred Hitchcock? 

The White Room Thursday Quiz will be open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part will need to pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 05 March 2020.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and the results for each player taking part - will be posted on Friday morning.

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, each member who gives

EIGHT correct answers               SIX correct answers                     FOUR correct answers

will be awarded                       will be awarded                          will be awarded

silver-thinker.jpg                 bronze-thinker-crop.jpg                        red-thinker.jpg

SILVER THINKER                     BRONZE THINKER                             RED THINKER

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow - on Thursday 05 March 2020.

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received before 00.01 on Thursday and/or after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

As usual, there is one QI-style question, where the answer is not what most people assume.

I have tried to make this quiz a fair balance of questions, although one question may prove tricky.

This quiz - as are all White Room Thursday Quizzes - are open to all members.

I hope those who have taken part in a previous White Room Thursday Quiz will take part, and that new members, and those who have not previously played, will join in.

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

Thank you everyone for your interest.

I hope everyone enjoys this People`s Choice edition of the White Room Thursday Quiz.

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Interesting set of questions @Mi-Amigo . I always puzzle about the QI one. Next time could you label the question with QI next to it? LOL (joking)

Even more confusing when you realise there may NOT be a blumming QI question...Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 78

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Interesting set of questions @Mi-Amigo . I always puzzle about the QI one. Next time could you label the question with QI next to it? LOL (joking)

Even more confusing when you realise there may NOT be a blumming QI question...Confused

Thanks @Cleoriff 

Good to know that you find this an interesting set of questions.

As to the QI-style question? I know you were joking but where would the fun be if I said which it was? But there again, I could always try and come up with eight QI-style questions Thinking but as I fear the consequences Shirty  might not be such a good idea Grumpy LOL

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I’m on for 4
Message 4 of 78

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

EIGHT QI QUESTIONS??!! Gercha. joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 78

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I think I’m on for 4

Four correct answers will get you the Red Thinker @Anonymous and if you give a couple of correct guesses, you get the Bronze Thinker. Good luck. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 78

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Cleoriff . That is NOT a challenge for you to find TWELVE QI questions for the April Fool quiz Destroy Grumpy D'oh!

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 78

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Cleoriff . That is NOT a challenge for you to find TWELVE QI questions for the April Fool quiz Destroy Grumpy D'oh!

My twelve questions are already set and waiting to go @Mi-Amigo Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 78

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:My twelve questions are already set and waiting to go @Mi-Amigo Whistle

@Cleoriff 

Another four weeks till April Fool quiz. I`m gonna bury me head and not think about it - yet Fear

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 78

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys, nice to be back, was off sick for a bit earlier and have been catching up. Looking forward to the quiz tomorrow! Nice set of questions @Mi-Amigo ! I think I might know one of them. grin

Message 10 of 78