Did you mean: 

The White Room Thursday Quiz - 12 Mar 2020

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

Each week, there are EIGHT questions, from a range of categories.

As promised, one question is in the Space category, which missed out by one vote from being in the People`s Choice Quiz last week                                                                                

THIS WEEK`S EIGHT QUESTIONS

Q1 [Space]: Where, on the Moon, was the lunar module of Apollo 13 scheduled to land ?

Q2 [Chemistry]: Which element has the chemical symbol B ?

Q3 [Film/Movies]: Who won the Oscar for Best Actress four times - between 1930s and 1980s ?

Q4 [Games]: Which letter tile in the game Scrabble is the only one worth 5 points ?

Q5 [History]: Who was the British monarch from 1727 to 1760 ?

Q6 [Literature]: Which well-known novel has the opening line

"Christmas won`t be Christmas without any present", grumbled Jo, lying on the rug

Q7 [Places]: What is the State capital of New York State, in the USA ?

Q8 [Structures]: Where [city and country] is the Temple of the Golden Pavillion ? 

The White Room Thursday Quiz will be open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part will need to pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 12 March 2020.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and the results for each player taking part - will be posted on Friday morning.

Each member will be awarded star for each correct answer. In addition, each member who gives

EIGHT correct answers               SIX correct answers                     FOUR correct answers

will be awarded                       will be awarded                          will be awarded

silver-thinker.jpg                 bronze-thinker-crop.jpg                        red-thinker.jpg

SILVER THINKER                     BRONZE THINKER                             RED THINKER

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow - on Thursday 12 March 2020.

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received before 00.01 on Thursday and/or after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

As one question was exceptionally hard last week, there is no QI-style question [where the answer is not what most people assume] this week, although a couple of questions may prove tricky.

The White Room Thursday Quizz is open to all members.

I hope new members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, will join the "regulars" with this week`s quiz. 

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

Thank you everyone for your interest and for making the quiz so popular.

I hope everyone enjoys this week`s White Room Thursday Quiz.

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

MMmmmm...one or two of those are going to need thinking about @Mi-Amigo (or I should have said a few!!) upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 70

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

MMmmmm...one or two of those are going to need thinking about @Mi-Amigo (or I should have said a few!!) upside_down

Thanks @Cleoriff for your comment.

That is what I hoped with this week`s quiz - a couple of questions which are not brain-scramblers but need a bit of thought [and, possibly, a good memory?] Thinking D'oh!

Looking forward to the pm with your answers tomorrow. Good luck.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 70

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Some I like a lot.... Others very little wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 70

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 

Although there might be a couple [?] of questions you`re not so keen on, I`m sure you`ll give them a good shot and look forward to what answers you give in your pm tomorrow. Good luck,

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 70

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 70

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie 

You know the answers to six? That`s really good. As for the two guesses, you might be right...

Looking forward to seeing pm with your answers tomorrow...

You could be on for getting Silver Thinker 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 70

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Hmm. This one hops about a bit. Need time to cogitate, I wonder if 2 and 4 are intertwined? 🤔
Message 8 of 70

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Hmm. This one hops about a bit. Need time to cogitate, I wonder if 2 and 4 are intertwined? 🤔

Only in your head rofl

Message 9 of 70

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Actually @jonsie, 4 and another *are* intertwined... 😋

Incoming - - - >>>
Message 10 of 70