11,705 REPLIES 11,705

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Well done to the gradnson @Cleoriff.
Maybe he can get you the inside scoop on the F1 goings on...
Had an eventful weekend here. Letter on Saturday from Met Police saying I had been caught speeding the previous week.
Checked the images and it shows a soft top/cabriolet type car. I own an estate...
Now on the phone to the camera processing unit to see what can be done!

I wish @gmarkj but the part of the firm he works for doesn't have anything to do with F1. rofl

Sorry about your speeding ticket, even though it wasn't you. My son wasn't so lucky.  He was caught doing 35 in a 30 miles an hour area. Now he can opt for the speed awareness course, at a cost of £83 which has to be done online.!! Or £100 fine and 3 points on his licence.

God what a major infringement!!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9111 of 11,706

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Never mind.
Maybe he needs to make some friends in the canteen...
I have called 4 times and been played hold music for 17 minutes or so each time only to be cut off. Not much fun!
I had to do a speeding course many years ago (about 7 or so) but that was in person. Was fairly interesting but nothing ground breaking.
One of the questions they ask is where you were caught and what excuse you had. Best answer I have heard of was where someone was caught speeding on the M1 - about 85 in a 70 mph zone. When asked why their response was they were on the way to a dying parent in hospital.
Unsurprisingly they were pretty much left alone after that!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9112 of 11,706

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10771 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Ah @gmarkj I can do better than that...
I parked at a car park watched by a company parking eye pay at machine etc. with car number/registration.
A few weeks later I had 5 separate threatening demands for £80.00 for not paying.. each letter had a car photo not mine and a registration number not mine and in an area I had never been parked ever. 😡

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9113 of 11,706

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
Ah @gmarkj I can do better than that...
I parked at a car park watched by a company parking eye pay at machine etc. with car number/registration.
A few weeks later I had 5 separate threatening demands for £80.00 for not paying.. each letter had a car photo not mine and a registration number not mine and in an area I had never been parked ever. 😡

Good grief @TallTrees That sounds more than a mistake to me. Worrying that they linked the car which wasn't yours to your address?!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9114 of 11,706

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10771 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Yes..   @Cleoriff it beggars belief that any riff-raff parking company has the right to access your details through the DVLA. I wrote to the land owner and told them what I thought of these scum parking companies...had a lovely reply and an apology..she would contact them and make a complaint..as they employ them. She told me they tried to manage the parking but couldn't..had prime site in middle of town
These scum companies should be officially regulated...they are not.

Edited to say extremely disturbing 5 different cars  5 different places ...fortunately not able to be in 5 places in 5 different cars at same time...I rest my caseDon't know

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9115 of 11,706

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gmarkj wrote:
Well done to the gradnson @Cleoriff.
Maybe he can get you the inside scoop on the F1 goings on...
Had an eventful weekend here. Letter on Saturday from Met Police saying I had been caught speeding the previous week.
Checked the images and it shows a soft top/cabriolet type car. I own an estate...
Now on the phone to the camera processing unit to see what can be done!

Rife these days rage

Message 9116 of 11,706

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35950 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

This should help push the queries up a bit here today, assuming people can get logged-on... 😉

Message 9117 of 11,706

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

This should help push the queries up a bit here today, assuming people can get logged-on... 😉

A joke surely? >>>>

Building on its flexible culture, O2 has fully supported its 6,500 employees throughout the pandemic, with no use of the furlough scheme and full pay for all. Over 3,000 call centre employees were equipped to work fully from home following the first lockdown announcement. As part of its efforts to rebuild Britain, the company also enfranchised its employee base with a new £10m incentive programme to motivate and reward those working to keep Britain connected.

REALLY??!! Well I think 50% of customer services must have seen this as one long holiday!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9118 of 11,706

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Wow.
Given how many people struggle to get through or have poor customer service I'm not sure how accurate that is...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9119 of 11,706

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions