Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Music Thread

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Is there an official thread for discussing music likes etc?  I couldn't find one so thought I'd start one off.

What is everyone's favourite music, bands etc?  I like loads of bands, mainly rock/metal, but also like 80s stuff.

My favourite bands currently are:

Metallica (all time faves)

Alter Bridge

Trivium

Black Stone Cherry

The Cadillac Three

Slipknot

Iron Maiden

Stone Sour

Blacktop Mojo

Royal Blood

Thanks

Steve
Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

Here's another "goosebumps" song.  This is one of my all time favourite songs.

And here's a live version:

Great track @welshsteve76 I like all genres of music and this ticks one of the boxes laughing

Message 51 of 69

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yeah. When Creed parted ways with the singer, Mark Tremonti (Lead Guitarist) who was a fan of Myles Kennedy's work in The Mayfield Four, give Myles a call and the rest is history grin

Alter Bridge are my second favourite band after Metallica.  Absolutely love em.  Have seen them live a couple of times now.

Tremonti's solo work (Tremonti) is really good too, and I really like Myles Kennedy's solo album which was released this year.

Thanks

Steve
Message 52 of 69

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Great track @welshsteve76. Like @jonsie I love all genres of music and this track is one I definitely want to hear again and again.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 53 of 69

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I also love all genres of music. Except jazz. I will give that a miss every time cowboy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 69

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I do like jazz @Cleoriff but very specific jazz: 20s jazz and New Orleans jazz. Modern jazz leaves me cold I'm afraid.

Message 55 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like 'soft rock' music the best ... fave band is The Moody Blues ... & ... I too, @Glory1 like trad jazz music

I had planned to go to a jazz club in Bradford tonight to experience a 16 piece Big Band, however, my heart is in it but not my head slight_frown

Message 56 of 69

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35906 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1585 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I like 'soft rock' music the best ... fave band is The Moody Blues ... & ... I too, Glory1 like trad jazz music

I had planned to go to a jazz club in Bradford tonight to experience a 16 piece Big Band, however, my heart is in it but not my head slight_frown

Here'y'go, @Anonymousone of my fave Moody Blues tracks - me an pretty much everybody else, I imagine!

Message 57 of 69

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes @pgn definitely one of my faves too along with Go Now. Takes me back to my youth 😊

Message 58 of 69

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35906 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1585 Solutions

@welshsteve76 Alter Bridge sound like they're worth another listen, particularly the full concert version, later when I can hear it all undisturbed.

Not sure if it's the madness of Alice in Wonderland or the voice on this, but Franz Ferdinand's Lobster Quadrille always gets me humming along...

Mad as a Hatter, me! rofl

Message 59 of 69

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@welshsteve76 Alter Bridge sound like they're worth another listen, particularly the full concert version, later when I can hear it all undisturbed.

Not sure if it's the madness of Alice in Wonderland or the voice on this, but Franz Ferdinand's Lobster Quadrille always gets me humming along...

Mad as a Hatter, me! rofl

Just to confirm that last comment may well be true @pgn

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 69