cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Community Movie Night is back - What do you want to watch?

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi guys!

We hope you all had a lovely Easter bank holiday and above all enjoyed the content for our Easter Week that we and our members came up with. But even if you missed out on the fun, we have something coming up for you to make up for that smirk

Our Movie Night is back! Remember our last Movie Night when watching the movie Signs on recently launched Star on Disney+ led to almost heart attacks (me) and a lot of joy in those for other members (you)? Well, we want to repeat the fun on this Friday, the 9th of April with a movie of YOUR choice. That’s right - Unlike last time, we will only give you a theme to begin with, you can then suggest the movie you would like to watch within that theme, which will then open up for voting and after successful voting, watch together with you on Friday evening!

clapper clapper clapper And the theme is….. (drumroll please) MARVEL! clapper clapper clapper

So, don’t be shy and share your favourite Marvel movie, or a Marvel movie you have been wanting to watch for a while, with us and we can all get together again on Friday evening, switch on Disney+ (or pop in that DVD if that’s what you have) and share our thoughts, fears and joys over a Community Movie Night!

Suggestions can be submitted until midnight of Tuesday, the 6th of April and we will then open the voting between your suggestions from tomorrow!

Very curious on what your suggestions are but above all I can’t wait for another Movie Night on Friday! Hope to see the regular faces @MI5 @Cleoriff @Mi-Amigo @pgn @jonsie @BobM @TallTrees @ComaChameleon @gmarkj @Anonymous @madasaf1sh as well as many more! hugging

giphy (5).gif

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marvel.. That's me out. I've watched Iron Man, didn't reckon much so I haven't bothered with any of the rest.

Message 2 of 22

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To be honest, not a fan of Marvel.

It`s a bit like Sonic [Sega] v Mario Bros [Nintendo]. I was a huge fan of Sonic and Sega games but hated Mario Bros and Ninetendo.

With comic books and movies, loved DC [Superman, Batman] but hated Marvel comics/movies.

So, sorry, this one isn`t for me this time but I`m sure Marvel movies have lots of fans among the members.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Loved all the Iron Man films, though the first was the best.

Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther and all the Avengers Assemble, Avengers The Endgame and Avengers: Infinity War and Doctor Strange.

Not keen on any Captain America films, where he is the star.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 22

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Sad to hear you are not keen on Marvel movies @Mi-Amigo @Anonymous frowning2 I thought everyone must have at least one Marvel film that they like, but maybe that was a bit presumptuous of me sweat_smile

Glad to hear you are joining us @Cleoriff and will make sure to include your favourites in the voting innocent

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 22

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I think Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant Man...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Love all the Marvel films

I've just finished watching all the Avenger movies back to back

The only one I haven't watched is Ant Man because I didn't fancy it and Spiderman:Far From Home as I haven't got round to it

Gladly go with the popular choice though

Message 7 of 22

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10659 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Well I'll have to stand back .. because I don't know movie titles or the actors sorry @TheresaV 🤪
It's all goggdegoo to me so will join in view choices with interest. @pgn will probably need to send me a YouTube video to understand what the *** everyone is talking about.
Ant man..never heard of it.
Heard of Avengers I think ..
Marvel films.. never heard of them
Iron man 🤣
Ah ..Superman 🦸‍♂️ 👍 heard of him
Good luck enjoy...

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 22

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Not that this will help @TallTrees :

6hosgu0necs51.jpg

My preferred three, in order of the above:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy (first movie}
  2. Doctor Strange
  3. Thor: Ragnarok 

Message 9 of 22

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Thanks for your input @gmarkj @jonsie and @pgn! Getting curious as to which one will be the winner for Friday night. Either way, I hope I will see you guys around joining us for the fun?

Maybe @pgn 's timeline helped a bit @TallTrees ? I have to admit I haven't seen most of them so I will use this opportunity to educate myself joy

signature

Message 10 of 22