cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 'C' word...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not the term used as an expletive 😛 Christmas!!! So far i feel grinch-like as i have escaped the famous coca cola advert.. I assumed the holidays are coming... I didnt need a cola truck to announce it through my t.v every evening... I admit all my presents (for everyone else of course) are brought,wrapped ect ( my daughter and i have birthdays later in the year. It makes sense) i AM looking forward to christmas...the baking..family ect. But i feel everything is pushed on us even earlier this year. What do you guys think? Is it the norm to start it all early? And an even bigger question.. When do you put your decorations up?

C x
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I sort of lost interest when I stumbled across a shopping channel selling Christmas stuff in May! Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 17

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Amazingly misleading thread title haha:)

I have yet to see the advert:( rather dissapointed:(

My decorations started going up tonight. Not the biggest fan of Christmas I just love having all the flashy things:)

I think they advertised it earlier than normal to bump up revenues a bit.

A lot of people panick buy in December and run out of money by advertising early the shops now have an extra month or two for sales:)

Just waiting for amazon to deliver all my gifts then I can crack on with life and forget about it until the 24th:)

Mr grinch here:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

I sort of lost interest when I stumbled across a shopping channel selling Christmas stuff in May! Smiley Indifferent

You have to be joking!

How are you guys spending Christmas? I'm spending the time juggling visits to both parents, as they no longer live together....Not always easy grin

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, may? i as finished in august, so i cant say much! grin and i have to run into town and gets new lights and a few last minute bts, but most of my stuff its kitchsy and homemade, so ive not spent loads... 

I will be having Christmas Day at mine, as i cant travel out (no transport ect) so family will be over 24th and 26th, i have a open few days in december, where people pop in for a mince pie and a cuppa, and i help them with wrapping, gift ideas and show my friends some baking tips. 

Christmas is about family,food,friends ect for me, NOT the materialist ideals of today 😕

x

Message 5 of 17

GrahamF
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL, may? i as finished in august, so i cant say much! grin and i have to run into town and gets new lights and a few last minute bts, but most of my stuff its kitchsy and homemade, so ive not spent loads... 

I will be having Christmas Day at mine, as i cant travel out (no transport ect) so family will be over 24th and 26th, i have a open few days in december, where people pop in for a mince pie and a cuppa, and i help them with wrapping, gift ideas and show my friends some baking tips. 

Christmas is about family,food,friends ect for me, NOT the materialist ideals of today 😕

x

nice 1, so when are you posting your home addess, so we can all "pop in for a mince pie and a cuppa"............?? wink
Everything will be OK in the end. If it isn't OK, then it's not the end!!
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

When Father Christmas brings me my lottery win x

Message 7 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Christmas is cancelled for me this year. I'm off to Berlin where the lead-up to Christmas isn't as intense until a week or so before.

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

My mum said its lovely there slight_smile x

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Germany is wonderful the views & scenery are amazing 

Message 10 of 17