Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Best New Apps?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I've been looking at the list of some of the 'best new apps' and I think there's some really good ones for all platforms.  I haven't got any of these apps yet.

iOS

• Chrome Remote Desktop - allows you to link up with your pc or mac (as long as it has the app installed aswell).  I still haven't decided which web browser to use, but if I decide on Google Chrome then I will be downloading this app.
  • Je Suis Charlie - this app allows people to support the people who died in the tragedy and pin point their location on a map.  This app was 'fast tracked' through the usual Apple development approval process due to the developers contacting Tim Cook personally.  I think it is a lovely idea for an app, but I personally wouldn't use it as I don't like tagging myself at locations.
  • Evernote Scannable - an addition to the Evernote app - allows you to scan documents to upload onto your Evernote account.  I personally wouldn't use this app as there are other ways around getting your document on to your Evernote account.

Android

• Google Translate - allows you to use translation services via the camera on your phone.  I think this is an impressive app and would be useful to a lot of people.
  • Under Armour Record - a fitness app.  I personally wouldn't rush to get this app as I think there are already numerous apps like this.
  • Pizza Navigator - there are also quite a few similar apps to this, such as Hungry House, (which is free to download).  I personally wouldn't pay 69p for this app when there are other apps that can do the same thing as this, as well as using a web browser.

Windows

• Phone Insider - developed by Microsoft (you must register for this service) - allows users to view and test software before it is released.  I personally wouldn't use it but it would be great for more technological people or potential developers.
  • Money Tracker - a way to manage money - it is meant to be suitable for professional people and laypeople to understand.  The free version is a limited version of the app and you will get more features if you pay.
  • Inbox For Gmail (unofficial Google service) - it does what it says in the title - it provides access to your Gmail account.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/feature/a621954/best-new-apps-for-tablets--smartphones-je-suis-char...

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe what I should have added to my response was " I would love to discuss with you the 'jailbreak apps' I use if site management would permit the topic.

My apologies for any confusion.
Message 11 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Or just not mentioned the irrelevant non discussion of jailbreak apps and gone with the ones in your last post?
Message 12 of 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123079 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Dumbo question here then .......what on earth is jailbreaking really  Smiley Embarassed I

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 33

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Jailbreaking is when you completely unlock you iPhone via hardware of the cable, put on a bit of custom software that allows you to run apps that make your iPhone more like Android.
Message 14 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 123079 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Jailbreaking is when you completely unlock you iPhone via hardware of the cable, put on a bit of custom software that allows you to run apps that make your iPhone more like Android.

I wish I hadn't asked now.....LOL

So the 'bad bit' is unlocking your phone illegally.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 33

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No, the bad bit is installing a modification to the os therefore immediately breaking your warranty with apple as well as eula.
Message 16 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 123079 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Well....I am sure I read a thread on here about jailbreaking.....It was some time ago... so probably not here now?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 33

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Jail-Break-recommended-by-O2/m-p/435836/t...

There are some more cleo but I'm not sure even discussion of jailbreak apps AND root apps is allowed on the forum.
So.. Not much else really I can discuss.
Message 18 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 123079 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Jail-Break-recommended-by-O2/m-p/435836/t...

There are some more cleo but I'm not sure even discussion of jailbreak apps AND root apps is allowed on the forum.
So.. Not much else really I can discuss.

That was the one...I remember Perksie commented on it....Well it was only 2013 and it got a solution...but if it isn't allowed now... it still makes interesting reading...however  Zipped

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 33

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Dumbo question here then .......what on earth is jailbreaking really  Smiley Embarassed I

Jailbreaking is naughty......don't do it @Cleoriff  ......Whistle

Message 20 of 33