cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tattoos </3

Anonymous
Not applicable

i got stopped on the school run today by an older lady, who yelled across the street from me that i should be ashamed of myself..

im thinking "do i have an offensive t shirt on and ive forgot?" (its happened) no, do i have weird colour hair? (again, its happened) no, am i murdering a child (i was on my way TO the school but..) no. of course not. i look at her to find her staring at my face with disgust. She actually was yelling at me because i have Snakebites..its a minor set of lip piercings... i have two small labrets in to keep them open but respectful, so i said to this lady " I'm sorry you find something wrong, but its my body, so kindly keep your judgemental opinion to yourself!"

She THEN points me out to her friend (same age) and said "SHE shouldnt be walking around with that pen all over her body!" even though i was a mere 5 feet away! she proceeded to scream and rant about how i shouldnt be "allowed out" and "id make an awful parent" without even looking at my face. or recognising i was there, stunned.

Calmly i cross the road, and i stand in front of this lady. i smile, and say " Excuse, me i could not help but overhear you, may i please have a word?" she looked down her nose with disgust at me,but let me continue... i pulled up the sleeve of my t shirt and asked her if it offended her, she replied that it did. i asked her for a few minutes of her time, her friend agreed, so the woman was stuck there and had to listen. i explained that i had done a lot of youthwork, had been in roles of responsibilty, been straight edge for 5 years,saved a life (we wont go there) had a child, and was keeping a roof over her head, paying what i could to help others, and asked her if that offended her, she said (quite snottily) "of course not." i went on to say that i had designed all of my tattoos, and that they each had a key part in who i am, i explained each one (i have 30+) and as a parting word to them both i replied " I wear my life on my skin, how dare you be so judgemental at the thought that somebody is brave enough to be different, im glad i met you, becasue i hope today has taught you one thing, age doesnt matter, tattooed girls dont matter, the bloody weather doesnt matter, what you will remember is that i showed you enough respect to come and address your issues face to face, and you gave me none. Have a good evening ladies. try not to be judgemental next time"

Has anybody else had this experience? or similar? sorry for the essay, and i know its off topic. but with the season of goodwill and all that...  

C ^^{}^^

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hahahaa! yep! but ive had worse grin

Not involving a ring was itSmiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

lol, nope!

Message 32 of 34

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Good on you CarrieX

People are so judgemental in this world and its cruel.

people are all different and we should respect that.  I don't have any tattoos, however I've got friends that have And the art work and design is amazing. 

Im a motorbiker and go on bike runs and bike meets. I've taken many friends with me and they have all said, wow It's not like what you see on tv is it. All thugs etc.

I was once at a biker meet and a wedding was just about to start when I got there. I wasn't turned away but invited.  I had never met the person before, even the vicar turned up on the bike and his first words. Wow I have bikers all wrong, that was amazing. I'm 60 years old, but will now be going for my bike test.

We judge with out speaking. As a culture we need to change. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 33 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bike clubs just work off respect, so im glad you were able to see the good side of them grin my partner is a club patch rider slight_smile 

Message 34 of 34