Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Reply
Posts: 13,155
Topics: 77
Registered: ‎14-01-2014

Re: THURSDAY QUIZ 6 June 2019

the names of the English Monarchs from 827AD to 1154AD.

Aerys II Targaryen - killed by his kings guard
Bobby Baratheon - killed by a boar
Joffrey Baratheon - killed by poisoned wine
Tommen Baratheon - killed by gravity
Cersei Lannister - killed by bricks
Daenerys Targaryen - killed loads, then got stabbed by her lover/nephew/rightful heir
Brandon Stark - elected as king because suddenly everyone forgot about the rightful heir once they all got him to do their dirty work.


Posts: 71,618
Topics: 677
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: THURSDAY QUIZ 6 June 2019

[ Edited ]

@viridis wrote:
the names of the English Monarchs from 827AD to 1154AD.

Aerys II Targaryen - killed by his kings guard
Bobby Baratheon - killed by a boar
Joffrey Baratheon - killed by poisoned wine
Tommen Baratheon - killed by gravity
Cersei Lannister - killed by bricks
Daenerys Targaryen - killed loads, then got stabbed by her lover/nephew/rightful heir
Brandon Stark - elected as king because suddenly everyone forgot about the rightful heir once they all got him to do their dirty work.

Wow such a lot of Kings and Queens @viridis  Such a pity they are from Game of Thrones LOLBouncy

*The Game Is On*


Posts: 87,603
Topics: 530
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: THURSDAY QUIZ 6 June 2019

Wot, Khaleesi is dead !!!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Posts: 992
Topics: 70
Registered: ‎07-10-2012

Re: THURSDAY QUIZ 6 June 2019

I am probably wrong but will have a guess.

 

King Canute

 

King Alfred the Great 

 

Edward the Eighth

 

Queen Victoria 

 

King Sven sure when he was made England manager they mentioned a king with same name joy

 

I feel so clever or will be if any of those are correct LOL

Posts: 10,294
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2
Registered: ‎22-08-2016

Re: THURSDAY QUIZ 6 June 2019


@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys on your favourite subjects, which I will bear in mind for future Thursday Quzzes.

Interesting that most of you loved history which was one of my favourite subjects, and also loved maths, especially algebra, which I could do in my head without writing anything down [don`t worry @Glory1 , algebra won`t be a subject for the Thursday Quiz joy; but hated having to learn French language and could not get my head round geography.

So I can well understand @Poppysmum finding history a difficult subject.


Now I loved French, though not having used the language for many years, I'm quite bad speaking it, though I still understand quite a bit when I hear it spoken. Geography also wasn't too bad, though I admit that I was better at European geography than I was at American; just couldn't remember things like state capitals and state mottos. And thank you @Mi-Amigo for not making algebra one of the quiz subjects. Everday math fine, I can cope with that but equations and I'm lost rofl

 

History was and is my favourite subject. Sport is another subject that I admit to not being very good at as apart from baseball, I don't really follow any other sport. I watch the odd football game and tennis match but my knowledge of either sport is very limited. I think that sums me up for future Thursday quizzes: so presumably the next quiz will be maths, followed by sport @Mi-Amigo LOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Posts: 4,637
Topics: 95
Registered: ‎13-02-2019

Re: THURSDAY QUIZ 6 June 2019

@Glory1 

Thanks for the info on your interests. 

As to sport being the next Thursday Quiz? You have got to be kidding. The only sport I`m interested in is football so the subject for a Quiz would be on Liverpool FC but if I do that @jonsie might have something to say scream

animated-elephant-image-0278
Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Posts: 10,294
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2
Registered: ‎22-08-2016

Re: THURSDAY QUIZ 6 June 2019

[ Edited ]

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Glory1 

Thanks for the info on your interests. 

As to sport being the next Thursday Quiz? You have got to be kidding. The only sport I`m interested in is football so the subject for a Quiz would be on Liverpool FC but if I do that @jonsie might have something to say scream


Well I wouldn't complain about Liverpool FC, though my knowledge is a bit dated as I haven't followed them for awhile. But when I did follow football with my late boyfriend, though he was a Scot, he was a big Liverpool supporter Bouncy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Posts: 4,637
Topics: 95
Registered: ‎13-02-2019

Re: THURSDAY QUIZ 6 June 2019


@Glory1 wrote:

 

Well I wouldn't complain about Liverpool FC, though my knowledge is a bit dated as I haven't followed them for awhile. But when I did follow football with my late boyfriend, though he was a Scot, he was a big Liverpool supporter Bouncy


I can see I might have to put this to a vote.

Who is in favour or against Liverpool FC being the subject of a Thursday Quiz?

Please note, if agreed, it will not be the subject for quite a while as I already have subjects lined up for the next few Thursday Quizzes. 

animated-elephant-image-0278
Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Posts: 71,618
Topics: 677
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: THURSDAY QUIZ 6 June 2019

That would be a NO from me.I know as much about Liverpool as I know about trigonometry...and that's precisely NOTHING 🤔

*The Game Is On*


Posts: 87,603
Topics: 530
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: THURSDAY QUIZ 6 June 2019

Yes yes yes yes yes Smiley Happy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)