Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THURSDAY QUIZ 6 June 2019

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the THURSDAY QUIZ for 6 June 2019.

This week`s subject is BRITISH HISTORY.

Your quest is to find:

the names of the English Monarchs from 827AD to 1154AD.

[to make it more of a challenge, I am not revealing how many names there were, but will say there are enough for all players to give two answers]

THE RULES: please note, there are a few changes to previous rules for the Thursday Quiz:

The Thursday Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

So whether you have joined in on previous Thursday Quiz, or you are a new member, or have never played before, you are all welcome to take part.

Each player will be allowed to submit two answers.

But, a player cannot post their second answer until after at least one other player has given an answer.

Players cannot give an answer already been given, and "I agree with ...." will no longer be allowed.

Players can give additional info [to earn credit if correct] but only to their own post, not other players`.

No googling, wiki, website, youtube, or similar search for the answers.

Each correct answer will be awarded trophy; additional info with be awarded credit; and each incorrect answer will get the * klaxon *.

The funniest comment or answer will get the special joy award.

The THURSDAY QUIZ opens at 9pm tonight [Wednesday 5 June], when the first answer can be given, and will stay open until 12 noon on Friday 7 June 2019.

Correct answers, additional info, and * klaxons* will be added up for each player; and the results and the winner[s] announced after 1pm on Friday; along with the winner of the special joy award.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 84
83 REPLIES 83

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Aerys II Targaryen - killed by his kings guard
Bobby Baratheon - killed by a boar
Joffrey Baratheon - killed by poisoned wine
Tommen Baratheon - killed by gravity
Cersei Lannister - killed by bricks
Daenerys Targaryen - killed loads, then got stabbed by her lover/nephew/rightful heir
Brandon Stark - elected as king because suddenly everyone forgot about the rightful heir once they all got him to do their dirty work.
Message 31 of 84

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

Aerys II Targaryen - killed by his kings guard
Bobby Baratheon - killed by a boar
Joffrey Baratheon - killed by poisoned wine
Tommen Baratheon - killed by gravity
Cersei Lannister - killed by bricks
Daenerys Targaryen - killed loads, then got stabbed by her lover/nephew/rightful heir
Brandon Stark - elected as king because suddenly everyone forgot about the rightful heir once they all got him to do their dirty work.

Wow such a lot of Kings and Queens @viridis  Such a pity they are from Game of Thrones LOLBouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 84

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Wot, Khaleesi is dead !!!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 84

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I am probably wrong but will have a guess.

King Canute

King Alfred the Great 

Edward the Eighth

Queen Victoria 

King Sven sure when he was made England manager they mentioned a king with same name joy

I feel so clever or will be if any of those are correct LOL

Message 34 of 84

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys on your favourite subjects, which I will bear in mind for future Thursday Quzzes.

Interesting that most of you loved history which was one of my favourite subjects, and also loved maths, especially algebra, which I could do in my head without writing anything down [don`t worry @Glory1 , algebra won`t be a subject for the Thursday Quiz joy; but hated having to learn French language and could not get my head round geography.

So I can well understand @Poppysmum finding history a difficult subject.

Now I loved French, though not having used the language for many years, I'm quite bad speaking it, though I still understand quite a bit when I hear it spoken. Geography also wasn't too bad, though I admit that I was better at European geography than I was at American; just couldn't remember things like state capitals and state mottos. And thank you @Mi-Amigo for not making algebra one of the quiz subjects. Everday math fine, I can cope with that but equations and I'm lost rofl

History was and is my favourite subject. Sport is another subject that I admit to not being very good at as apart from baseball, I don't really follow any other sport. I watch the odd football game and tennis match but my knowledge of either sport is very limited. I think that sums me up for future Thursday quizzes: so presumably the next quiz will be maths, followed by sport @Mi-Amigo LOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 35 of 84

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Glory1 

Thanks for the info on your interests. 

As to sport being the next Thursday Quiz? You have got to be kidding. The only sport I`m interested in is football so the subject for a Quiz would be on Liverpool FC but if I do that @jonsie might have something to say scream

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 36 of 84

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Glory1 

Thanks for the info on your interests. 

As to sport being the next Thursday Quiz? You have got to be kidding. The only sport I`m interested in is football so the subject for a Quiz would be on Liverpool FC but if I do that @jonsie might have something to say scream

Well I wouldn't complain about Liverpool FC, though my knowledge is a bit dated as I haven't followed them for awhile. But when I did follow football with my late boyfriend, though he was a Scot, he was a big Liverpool supporter Bouncy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 37 of 84

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Well I wouldn't complain about Liverpool FC, though my knowledge is a bit dated as I haven't followed them for awhile. But when I did follow football with my late boyfriend, though he was a Scot, he was a big Liverpool supporter Bouncy

I can see I might have to put this to a vote.

Who is in favour or against Liverpool FC being the subject of a Thursday Quiz?

Please note, if agreed, it will not be the subject for quite a while as I already have subjects lined up for the next few Thursday Quizzes. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 38 of 84

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That would be a NO from me.I know as much about Liverpool as I know about trigonometry...and that's precisely NOTHING 🤔

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 84

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes yes yes yes yes slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 40 of 84