Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123414 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

So it will be going ahead this year, despite Covid 19. It will start a month later than usual in October.

They have announced the first 6 contestants

I presume each couple will maintain their own social bubble and I think they are planning a limited audience (the info is so limited, which is why I'm late posting!!)

I do know that Bruno Tonioli's appearances will be limited due to his appearances in the US.

So I'll post this in case @sheepdog @Anonymous @jonsie @MI5 and @Mi-Amigo are still interested.

Actress Caroline Quentin is the first contestant announcedCaroline Quentin.jpg

Then we have Jason Bell, a former professional American football player living in the UK now

Jason Bell.jpg

Third contestant is Max George from the group The Wanted (We all remember Jay McGuinness from the same group)

Max George

Max George.jpg

4th Contestant is Ranvir Singh (Good Morning Britain)

Ranvir Singh.jpg

5th Contestant is Clara Amfo from BBC Radio 1

Claire Amfo.jpg

And just announced this morning is Nicola Adams the boxer, who will be dancing as part of a same sex couple

nicola Adams.jpg

I'll update the thread when further contestants are announced.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

Cleoriff
  • 123414 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Correction to my post No. 38 above  ^  ^  ^

Line 3 name should be, of course, Jason and not James as I had typed.

I didn't realise @Anonymous rofl

I also wondered about that, probably fans who thought Jason was better than the bottom two..which he was. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't particularly like Maisie ... it's a personal thing ... she just sooo loves herself ... has she done any ballroom yet?

Any idea who the bookies are favouring?

Message 42 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 123414 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't particularly like Maisie ... it's a personal thing ... she just sooo loves herself ... has she done any ballroom yet?

Maisie and Hrvy so far @Anonymous Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maisie and Hrvy so far @Anonymous Lol

*Groans Loudly*

Message 44 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 123414 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 123414 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Songs and Dances announced for Movie Week

*Bill and Oti: Paso Doble - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly by Ennio Morricone from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
*Caroline and Johannes: Couples’ Choice - Everything’s Coming Up by Roses Ethel Merman from Gypsy
*Clara and Aljaž: Tango - Lady Marmalade by Pink, Mya, Lil' Kim and Christina Aguilera from Moulin Rouge
*HRVY and Janette: Cha Cha - Don’t Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John and Kiki Dee from Gnomeo and Juliet
*Jamie and Karen: Charleston - Zero To Hero by Tawatha Agee, Lillias White, LaChanze, Roz Ryan, Cheryl Freeman and Vanéese Y. Thomas from Hercules
*Jason and Luba: Paso Doble - the Star Wars Theme by John Williams from Star Wars
*JJ and Amy: Foxtrot - Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head by B.J. Thomas from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
*Maisie and Gorka: American Smooth - Into The Unknown by Idina Menzel from Frozen II
*Max and Dianne: Couples’ Choice - The Simpsons Theme by Danny Elfman from The Simpsons Movie
*Nicola and Katya: Jive - Greased Lightnin’ by John Travolta from Grease
*Ranvir and Giovanni: Foxtrot - Love You I Do by Jennifer Hudson from Dreamgirls

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 123414 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

A post in two halves lol....

Loved the opening group number from James Bond....

Nicola and Katya... Jive. I thought it was better than marked  Scored 19

Maisie and Gorka. American Smooth. Excellent although overmarked by Motsi. Scored 24

Caroline and Johannes. Couples Choice. I thought it was lovely though lacked content. Scored 21

Jason and Luba. Paso Doble to the worst music for a Paso! Star Wars? Little content and he was too smiley. Poor.Scored 12

JJ and Amy. Foxtrot. (Completely missed the dance, as out of room) Scored 24

HRVY and Janette Cha Cha  to the wrong music. Little content. Poor for him Scored 21.

Ranvir and Giovanni. Foxtrot. Just excellent. Not sure where they will go with these marks though. All 9's. Scored 27.

Jamie and Karen. Charleston. Much improved, even though he looked stupid. Lol Scored 23

Clara and Alijaz Tango. I thought they were quite good. Much better than Jamie who danced before yet judges were far more critical? FGS!! Scored 20

Max and Dianne. Couples Choice.Who expected that from the Simpsons? Excellent Scored 24

Bill and Oti. Paso Doble. Another wow, just superb. Scored 26.

I have to say, a very poor choice of music for many of them. Despite that my favourites were Max, Bill Ranvir and Maisie.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 47 of 111

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Now this is where I disagree with you @Cleoriff , didn't like the Bond number but Johannes as May Day made me laugh.

Tess: woah girl, you looked goooood. Keep it up. Claudia: recycling the black bacofoil again. 

Nicola looked the part but had a few issues. Is she improving? I don't see it. 

Maisie obvious finalist but agreed with the judges on keeping her legs closed. I'll be taking Frozen off my watchlist on Disney+ though after hearing that rendition. 

Caroline waved her hands in the air like she just don't care. The viewers at home may agree and put her in dance-off.

Jason sadly looking like he's going to exit. Who thought Star Wars was a paso tune needs a new job. Luba "What is this Star Warts? My eyes are not listening"

JJ and Ranvir stepped up and delivered though the ending was poor for Ranvir. Probably the best two music/dance match of the night. 

Clara I've decided is just uninteresting. Mixing the paso with disco (cha-cha to me) I thought was a bit of a cop-out instead of doing what the paso is. Made to look worse by Bill's paso. Bill Bailey - more please! His timing is excellent btw which the judges haven't said anything about yet.

Bieber, more of a bad dance night and his hip thrusts were a bit on er, the suggestive side of thrusting. I thought Jamie looked more effeminate than masculine but may have escaped the dance off by the overmarking. 

As for Max. Played the Nan card so you know it is going to be awful. And to be brutally honest, WTF was I watching? Thankfully not in HD. Bad theme bad music but he deserves to stay for not going wrong. 

Wait, Sunday's musical mediocrity may actually be quite talented for a change. Not that I've of them but Youtube impresses me with The Kanneh-Mason's:

Message 48 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 123414 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@sheepdog 

Just spat my tea out regarding your comments from Luba..."Star Warts?" rofl

Now you are very confused with Clara. It wasn't a Paso, it was a Tango (lol) I do agree there was a fair bit of disco in it though...

HRVY played the Nan card last week, so good for Max playing it this week. Probably felt it was needed after being given that idiotic tune to dance to.

It's quite obvious Shirley does not like Maisie.

Also, back to the marks. The way they are going with these 9's, it's more than ridiculous. It's as if they are trying so hard to make out this 'Covid' show is the best one ever. Newsflash. It isn't.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 123414 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Here we go ....results show.

Enjoyed the opening number by the professionals.

A few negative comments on the BBC  Strictly forum about Maisie's costume. Apparently Elsa in Frozen wears a blue dress not pink. A few people felt she looked like Rapunzel. Lol

First couple in the dance off Nicola and Katya.

Second couple (no surprise) Jason and Luba.

Jason and Luba are out....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 50 of 111