Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

A little early to start this thread, although the new judge to replace Darcey Bussell has been announced

It's Motsi Mabuse (sister of Oti Mabusi)

Motsi Mabuse, elder sister of Strictly Come Dancing star Oti, has been named as Dame Darcey Bussell's replacement on the BBC One show's judging panel.

Originally from South Africa, Motsi is a former South African champion and German Latin champion and a judge on Strictly Come Dancing's German version.

Mabuse, 38, said she was "absolutely overjoyed" to be joining the panel and hoped to "add her own bit of sparkle".

Motsi Mabuse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49075803

I don't doubt her credentials at all but can't help wondering how this will work as Oti is still appearing on the show?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 252
251 REPLIES 251

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

So Saffron has gone. Good job.

It's Musical week next time and I am saying nothing because who the hell knows with the great British public voting?

I can only think people voted for Emma because of Craig only giving her a 4, hence Karim being in the dance off...

As Anton has done every ballroom dance available with the exception of the waltz, I'm hoping he has to do some Latin. I think Emma mentioned Jazz hands? (So that won't be a waltz) Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 201 of 252

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Fortunately Emma is going all hands (bad pun) for the Charleston next so unlikely to be kicked out since she'll be more than a match for Chris who gets a ballroom (foxtrot I think). It will be difficult for him but we may be surprised so I'll warm up the crystal ball :yahoo

Another good show but can't decide who had the worst outfit: Tess or Motsi. Andreas B was top class but unfortunately next week Beverly Knight won't come close to it. Neither will Idina Menzel but I'll let that one go rofl

Even enjoyed that Ellie segment though completely forgot she won the competition I watched earlier this year. Bit samey but good luck to her anyway in a tough career. 

Another pointless dance-off as if it got down to Shirley's vote, she was never going to save Saffron. Admittedly Saffron did do better but so did Karim. 

Message 202 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Regarding fashion, I think Claudia's dress was awful. Some drop waisted monstrosity which made her look pregnant!!

Not sure about Emma and Anton doing the Charleston. A lot of the dance should be side by side with synchronised movements. If she messes up it 'could' be the end for her and Anton. I can't take to them at all and am hoping they are in the dance off next week.

Andreas Bochelli was great, though was drowned out by the crowd and the sound on my TV was poor?

Ellie was great. She was on the show The Greatest Dancer where Oti was one of the judges.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 203 of 252

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, @Cleoriff the sound off my laptop watching the results show after broadcasting was poor during Andreas Bocelli ... loved the pro's dance to his music ... liked Kevin & Janette featuring

Lots of barefoot dancing this season

Having been away from SCD for a bit Tess 'The Wooden Plank' Daly does not get any better - her script wrighter gets their money easy - she's so insincere

Enjoyed Anton's over-reaction on through to the quarterfinals, but he may be in the dance off next week

Kelvin and Oti are my favourites ... he seems like a Northern Rugby League player = I'd happily scrum down with him ha ha ha

Karen and is it Chris looked and danced the part re: pasadoble and for once I wasn't drawn to Karen's unfeminine natural hairstyle

Right result - Saffron to go - have never quite taken to AJ

Saturday night ... Bruno's rendition of a smooth Any Williams song ... well I've a heard a lot worse on SCD ... luvved the pro boys in pink tailored suits

*Keep Dancing* ... ... or ... ... *Watching cat vidoes*

Message 204 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Someone on the SCD forum I belong to on FB, made this interesting spreadsheet to show who has danced what. The numbers in brackets are the weeks they danced that particular one.

No photo description available.

It does show that Chris and Alex have danced less ballroom than anyone else....and Emma and Anton have done everything bar the waltz.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 205 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Songs and Dances for week 11. Musical Week.

Alex and Neil: Samba to Joyful Joyful from Sister Act
Chris and Karen: Foxtrot to Consider Yourself from Oliver!
Emma and Anton: Charleston to Thoroughly Modern Millie from Thoroughly Modern Millie
Karim and Amy: Jive to You Can't Stop the Beat from Hairspray
Kelvin and Oti: American Smooth to Gaston from Beauty and the Beast

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/b7ed5a9a-e26e-4258-a326-75895303cc57?fbclid=... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 206 of 252

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking forward to Kelvin and Oti's American Smooth to music from Beauty and the Beast

Thank you @Cleoriff for posting the songs and dances for next show 

Message 207 of 252

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Has Strictly come dancing been in Blackpool yet as I have missed a lot of it?
LGreenwood
Message 208 of 252

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Luke30 wrote:
Has Strictly come dancing been in Blackpool yet as I have missed a lot of it?

@Luke30 Yep, two weeks ago! May still be on iPlayer but try the Strictly Youtube channel as you don't have to put up with the fillers. 

So Alex gets the Dance-off dance nomination being a samba and I'll say it now, Chris v Alex is likely but at this stage, its who performs with least mistakes on the night will be saved. But having listened to Alex's tune, its not a good one and we may see Chris through. 

Then again, Karim has an utterly relentless song to jive too. One mistake or two and it will be fatal. Hmm might be an interesting challenge for the DAO. Anyway, read the words as its sung and see if you can catch up. And thats the first 30 seconds upside_down

Also the musicals week features backing dancers so expect a lot of distractions and dodgy camera work. 

Message 209 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

As soon as I saw the samba for Alex I thought oh oh...dance off! It could be Chris as well. There again people didn't vote for Karim last week, so who the hell knows??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 210 of 252