Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123376 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

It's that time of year again folks.

From Monday August 13th they will start revealing the candidates for this years show. I understand the first one will be on that nights episode of the One Show.

Many names being bandied about and people are even putting bets on them? (A bit stupid when there's been nothing official yet)

Anyway names in the mix so far

Cheryl Cole (can't see that happening)

Ashley Roberts  (former Pussycat Doll)

Lee Ryan (from Blue)

Faye Tozer (from Steps)

Les Dennis

Tom Daley

Steph Mc Govern BBC Newscaster.

Dan Walker (Sports Presenter)

Colleen Rooney (can't see that as they have just upped sticks and moved to the US for Waynes football career)

Michelle Keegan (Corrie and Our Girl)

Mark Labbett (The Beast) from The Chase.

Kate Silverstone (BBC Newsreader)

That's all I've got so far and probably half of them are wrong but hey...joy

What is certain , the judging panel and the presenters remain the same.

Also the guy who will replace the lovely Brendon Cole is Neil Jones. He has been on the show as a back up dancer and is married to last years winning professional Katya Jones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 576
575 REPLIES 575

Cleoriff
  • 123376 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

They love it @Glory1

Apparently they were consulted all the way through.

Both of them were on This morning 2 weeks ago and explaining how involved they were with the film...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 561 of 576

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

They love it @Glory1

Apparently they were consulted all the way through.

Both of them were on This morning 2 weeks ago and explaining how involved they were with the film...

That's good to know. Means it's pretty accurate then. Well I certainly enjoyed it, though I felt sorry for Christopher Dean. His mum walking out and having nothing to do with him and a new 'mum' thrust upon him.

My mum also left my dad too, when I was 15, but it was my dad she left, not me. I still saw her every Saturday and stayed with her 2 weeks every  summer. Till I was nearly 19 when we moved into a flat together. That she loved me I was never in any  doubt. My dad dated and I met the women but he never forced one on me as a new mum. But then he never had an affair either. That he also loved me I never doubted.

Anyway Chris had a totally different life and I could understand his anger. I also wondered if they were ever a couple. Clearly Chris wanted it and I think Jane secretly did as well. Shame it never happened though it probably would have eventually ruined their partnership.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 562 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123376 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I loved the film. They both came from different backgrounds really.

All that disappointed me was, they did not show all of Bolero!!

Chris and Jane when interviewed, said they never became a couple.

Roll on Jan 6th, when the new series of DOI begins...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 563 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Yes, I'm looking forward to DOI too. Already downloaded the app in anticipation. Keen or what joy

Message 564 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123376 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I have just watched Strictly special.

Right result with Aston winning, as he went out far too soon when he was on it before.

Pleased to see Caroline Flack has lost none of her dancing ability. Pity the same can't be said for Anne

Never liked Jake Wood when he was it it before....and not changed my mind. I know he scored 39 but he wouldn't have got that from me.....

Roll on DOI...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 565 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well Anne never had any dance ability @Cleoriff and what's more she never even tried, which I find particularly annoying and, quite frankly, ridiculous. Why come on a dance contest programme and then make no effort to actually dance. Never understood that, to be honest. I mean most celebrities come on to learn to dance, if they've no dance experience. And they make an effort to try and dance, even if they don't succeed. But Anne didn't even try to learn the steps and was quite happy to be the comedy act on the show upside_down

Saying the above, I forgot John Sargeant who was exactly the same. Never forget him dragging that poor professional dancer across the floor like left luggage. It was funny but then it begs the question why bother if you're not going to take it seriously and learn the steps properly?

At least Ed Balls, while amusing, did make the effort to learn and I will never ever forget his Gangnam Style, it was funny and at the same time brilliant. A politician who didn't take himself too seriously. Strictly altered my view of him completely. 

Message 566 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123376 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I think nowadays Anne is one of those 'celebrities' who will turn up at the opening of an envelope....

John Sergeant at least did the noble thing by dropping out as people voting for him became ridiculous.

Ed Balls on the other hand was a delight...I loved watching his progress...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 567 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I think nowadays Anne is one of those 'celebrities' who will turn up at the opening of an envelope....

John Sergeant at least did the noble thing by dropping out as people voting for him became ridiculous.

Ed Balls on the other hand was a delight...I loved watching his progress...

You could well be right @Cleoriff she has appesred on the most unlikely shows.

As for John Sargeant bowing out of Strictly, he was criticised for leaving the show by many. Craig  was one of the many that thought he should have carried on. Personally I'm with you. He remained in while better dancers left. He wasn't just bad or funny, he was totally just uncaring about improving. I have a wooden cutting board with more rythm.

Now Ed Balls showed he was human and came on the show because he wanted to learn to dance. He made the effort as he improved each week. His Gangnam Style will go down in the history of Strictly. Seeing him on Strictly certainly changed my opinion of him for the better. 

Message 568 of 576

Anonymous
Not applicable

LEN WHO? !!!

Message 569 of 576

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote: