Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

It's that time of year again folks.

From Monday August 13th they will start revealing the candidates for this years show. I understand the first one will be on that nights episode of the One Show.

Many names being bandied about and people are even putting bets on them? (A bit stupid when there's been nothing official yet)

Anyway names in the mix so far

Cheryl Cole (can't see that happening)

Ashley Roberts  (former Pussycat Doll)

Lee Ryan (from Blue)

Faye Tozer (from Steps)

Les Dennis

Tom Daley

Steph Mc Govern BBC Newscaster.

Dan Walker (Sports Presenter)

Colleen Rooney (can't see that as they have just upped sticks and moved to the US for Waynes football career)

Michelle Keegan (Corrie and Our Girl)

Mark Labbett (The Beast) from The Chase.

Kate Silverstone (BBC Newsreader)

That's all I've got so far and probably half of them are wrong but hey...joy

What is certain , the judging panel and the presenters remain the same.

Also the guy who will replace the lovely Brendon Cole is Neil Jones. He has been on the show as a back up dancer and is married to last years winning professional Katya Jones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 576
575 REPLIES 575

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Based on those tunes, the interest will be in how the DAO interprets them for the dances.

Message 131 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

Based on those tunes, the interest will be in how the DAO interprets them for the dances.

I agree, particularly a Charleston to Cotton Eyed Joe! (amongst other weird choices)

Surprised to see a Paso in Week Two....??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 132 of 576

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
As always some interesting song choices. I'm even more surprised at some of the dances chosen for week 2, or maybe that's just me.

I'll make no further comment now and look forward to the show tomorrow evening. I am particularly looking forward to the Paso, Charleston and Jive. Hope I'm not disappointed.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 133 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

No surprise to see Ashley and Pasha top of the leaderboard. Excellent Cha Cha

Faye did a very good, albeit different, Viennese Waltz....

The surprise of the night for me was Kate and Aljaz with their Tango. I thought it was very very good for week 2

Poor Katie having to dance a Paso Doble in the 2nd week. Not her dance at all. A difficult one at the best of times.

Joe and Dianne did a very good Charleston to Cotton Eyed Joe. I was very impressed

Charles showed a lot of musicality and did a damn good quickstep.

Also matched by Danny John Jules, though I do find his self belief in himself a bit tiring if honest.

I think Seann was totally undermarked for his jive. People might not agree with that but he deserved more than 15!!

Susannah and Anton looked as poor this week as last. I think they may be gone by tomorrow.

I can't cover anyone else as watching X Factor wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 134 of 576

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Some good and consistent performances from what are obviously the top runners (Danny, Faye, Ashley) and now we see who has to work a bit harder to keep up. Dr Raj and Joe Sugg are the ones I like to see go far but both have yet to do ballroom which may show their flaws. 

As for Sean, @Cleoriff, it went a bit wrong most of the time but it was one of those occasions where it didn't go right on the night as it was clear he'd put in the practice. Susannah should go purely because there is no effort trying and the dance-off won't redeem her even if someone else messes up. 

Oh and I never thought I'd hear it but DAO actually managed to make a worse cover version of Cotton Eye Joe!

Anyone notice Tessbot actually seemed human tonight?

Message 135 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

I agree Seann went wrong a few times @sheepdog though it was energetic and complicated.

I just find the marking inconsistent.

We had Katie on 13, Graeme on 15 and I think Seann was better than those two (just my opinion of course)

Ms Ballas as head judge is certainly showing her bias yet again. 

Most improved Vick and Graziano.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 136 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Right my data having renewed and my full 30gb again, I can now comment on SCD and the X-Factor.

SCD first. For me the top performances came from Danny and Amy: simply brilliant; Kate and Aljaz: very very good; Faye and Giovanni: totally different to the standard Viennese waltz but I loved it; Joe and Dianne: loved it, very energetic but would now like to see what he does with a waltz, foxtrot or quick step; Charles and Karen: very good and one to watch; Vick and Graziano: beautiful, lyrical waltz; Ashley and Pasha: rather good tango and it's only week 2.

Of the rest I liked Seann and Lee. They weren't great but I think they have potential if they stick around a few more weeks.

Disasterous: Susannah and Anton, Craig's comments were spot on. She is no dancer and I doubt she ever will be. Poor Anton was dragging her round the floor. Dr Ranj and Janette, sorry wasn't impressed at all. As for Katie and Gorka and Lauren and AJ, better luck next week if they're still in. Neither of these celebrities impressed me tonight. Though I feel for Katie doing a Paso on week 2.

Apologies for all the edits, trying to read my scribbled notes done whilst trying to watch the dances. Knew I wouldn't remember it all hours later, without some prompts.

Message 137 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Lee and Nadiya in the dance off??? FGS

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 138 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Thank god Susannah and Anton as well...!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 139 of 576

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Fingers crossed, it's Susannah. It can't be Lee!

Message 140 of 576