Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

It's that time of year again....Some love it and others hate it.... Dance

However, BBC have announced the first 'celebrity' to join the line up for Strictly Come Dancing 2017.

It's Mollie King from the girl band The Saturdays (Frankie Bridge from the same group appeared in 2014)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/6525d4c5-3e53-4546-b336-45ebae3cf879?ns_mchan...

Mollie King....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 738
737 REPLIES 737

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well tonight's the night for the pre-show. Looking forward to it and all set to record the series...wink

Sadly, Susan Calman the openly gay comedian, is suffering a lot of backlash from the LGBT community due to her decision 'to dance with a man'. As Susan says, she thinks this is very unfair...as other gay (male) contestants (Will Young, Judge Rinder and Richard Coles to name a few) never experienced such criticism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41195509

Anyway I hope she does well and continues to annoy such small minded people ...:smileywink:

While I think it is ridiculous in this day and age for the producers to rule out same sex couples on Strictly, for the LGBTQ community to use Susan Calman as a scapegoat is even more so. As she says Judge Rinder, Will Young and Richard Coles were not criticised. It's as if the LGBTQ community are saying two men dancing together would be offensive but two women dancing together is fine.

They really do need to pick their battles and leave Susan Calman alone. Like you @Cleoriff I hope she does well.

Just goes to show small-minded people don't just exist in the straight community!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 172 of 738

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
I totally agree with you @Glory1 I'm appalled at bad press and publicity this lady has been getting. Both the BBC and the LGBTQ should be ashamed of themselves. This is an entertainment show loved by millions and there are always people wanting to score points. We will be seeing it debated in the House of Comedians next!
Message 173 of 738

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
You've hit the nail on the head @jonsie. SCD is an entertainment show loved by millions! Politics has no place here.

I just want to relax, watch the show and enjoy the dancing like millions of others.

Message 174 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Bottom line it's based on ballroom dancing. Men and women dance as couples. Ice dance...Men and women. Mixed doubles in tennis...men and women. Political correctness is fine....but it needn't take over our lives and upset the status quo. Look at the Olympics....should women be running in the same races as men.? If so females would win nothing. It's all so stupid really. More than sad that it's obviously women using Susan Calman as a platform to get their voices heard.

Anyway, only 1 and half hours to go....I'm ready....Bring it on...party

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 175 of 738

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Bottom line it's based on ballroom dancing. Men and women dance as couples. Ice dance...Men and women. Mixed doubles in tennis...men and women. Political correctness is fine....but it needn't take over our lives and upset the status quo. Look at the Olympics....should women be running in the same races as men.? If so females would win nothing. It's all so stupid really. More than sad that it's obviously women using Susan Calman as a platform to get their voices heard.

Anyway, only 1 and half hours to go....I'm ready....Bring it on...party

Yep political correctness gone mad. I really don't care whether Susan Calman dances with a man or a woman. She's dancing with a man fine let's just get on with the show. 

All this ballyhoo doesn't do the LGBTQ community any good. It just detracts from the more serious issues they face. As I said they should pick their battles.

Message 176 of 738

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Political correctness is fine.

No it's not.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 177 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

No it's not.

joyjoy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 178 of 738

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

No it's not.

joyjoy

Thing is this is less about political correctness and more about women with an agenda and Susan Calman is bearing the brunt. 

People should be treated with respect regardless of their race, religion or sexual orientation. That's not political correctness just the way decent people should behave.  

Such a pity the start of SCD should be marred with this nonsense.

Nearly time Bouncy

Message 179 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

A lovely tribute to Sir Bruce. 'Didn't they do well?' wink

Pairings...some were a surprise...

Strictly 2017 pairings.PNG

Lovely to see Jonny Peacock got Oti...Pleased with that one. Gemma with Alijaz looks great...

Surprised that Debbie McGee was paired with Giovanni? Full list here....

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/strictly-come-dancing-2017-pairings-contesta...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 180 of 738