Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124280 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

It's that time of year again....Some love it and others hate it.... Dance

However, BBC have announced the first 'celebrity' to join the line up for Strictly Come Dancing 2017.

It's Mollie King from the girl band The Saturdays (Frankie Bridge from the same group appeared in 2014)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/6525d4c5-3e53-4546-b336-45ebae3cf879?ns_mchan...

Mollie King....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 738
737 REPLIES 737

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Ummmm Chizzy who....... Okay she's from Holby City. Guess what doesn't help as I don't watch the show.

Oh God I do hope one or two of these people can dance. Please....please....🙁

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 141 of 738

jonsie
  • 93311 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

This is going to be a normal SCD as these celebrities are virtually unknown to most people. 

Message 142 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 124280 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
Ummmm Chizzy who....... Okay she's from Holby City. Guess what doesn't help as I don't watch the show.

Poor show ...as Joe Mc Fadden is also from Holby. A real let down this year. I remember being chuffed to bits that Judge Rinder, Danny Mac, Ed Balls, Anastacia and Will Young were on last year..(even though Will opted out. At least they were people who the public had heard of...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 143 of 738

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
They asked me but I'll be busy decorating the outside loo.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 144 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 124280 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
They asked me but I'll be busy decorating the outside loo.

I hope you have an inside one as well @Beenherebefore?...it's getting a bit nippy now and the nights are drawing in...Shocked

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 145 of 738

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

Poor show ...as Joe Mc Fadden is also from Holby. A real let down this year. I remember being chuffed to bits that Judge Rinder, Danny Mac, Ed Balls, Anastacia and Will Young were on last year..(even though Will opted out. At least they were people who the public had heard of...

Yep I agree. It's going to be a strange SCD this year. While I know a couple there's no one I'm really excited about like Danny Mac and Judge Rinder last year.

Message 146 of 738

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like Brian Connley to do well ... apart from him & Alexandra Burke / Debbie McGee I don't know the rest ... very underwhelmed tbh disappointed

Message 147 of 738

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous there is no one I'm rooting for this year for the first time since I started watching the show.

As I said in a previous post I really hope a couple (at least) can dance. Otherwise it's going to be a very very boring show.

Message 148 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 124280 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

The pre-launch date has been announced...it's September 9th. Expected to be a tribute to Sir Bruce Forsyth included in that show. It's rumoured that the show itself will begin on Sept 23rd

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/20**Personal info**/strictly-come-dancing-2017-launch-date-confirmed/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 149 of 738

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

15 pages and I've not said a word...maybe that holiday got in the way innocent

As for the new series, like others, I'm not impressed. Seems the BBC are maximising the profits by getting cheaper celebs which on one hand avoids any contenious pay gap issues next annual report and on the other hand....no, the BBC are being cheap and are working to a restricted budget. 

Then again the minor celeb contestants tend to be better than the ill-fated big names who exit early because they realise you have to put the effort in as the British public vote takes no prisoners when it comes to ballroom! 

Think I may give a lot of this series a miss this time though but will be watching the first couple of programmes to see who may show promise. 

Message 150 of 738