Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 

Hope you're having a great evening!

🎃 👻 🕯️ 💀 🦇 🎃 👻 🕯️ 💀 🦇 🎃 👻 🕯️ 💀 🦇 🎃 👻 🕯️ 💀 🦇 

As part of our Halloweek 🎃 I wanted to get some discussion going about 'spooky baking'! Specifically, Halloween cookiesHappy Dance

Sadly, my oven needs to be checked out by the gas man as when I was heating up a frozen pizza yesterday, the gas flames reached too high and burned half of it no matter how much I tried to adjust the heat. However, once the issue has been fixed I will be baking some spooky post-Halloween gingerbread men. smile

You might know from earlier discussions that I'm not much of a cook (yet...) so I have pretty much no idea what I'm doing when it comes to baking gingerbread cookies. I did it with my mum once or twice.... but I was 5-6 years old and all I remember is eating the dough.

@TallTrees you baked a spooky cake, didn't you? grin I saw an awesome photo in another thread. Anyone else here bake anything for Halloween? Any pumpkin soup etc.? Anyone make any cookies?

I can't use the oven yet, however, I can plan ahead. I'd love to hear some ideas for what you'd like my gingerbread cookies to look like once I make my first batch hopefully in the next week or so. I'll post some photos once they've come out of the oven. If you have any tips/tricks on how you make your gingerbread cookies delicious (or at least somewhat palatable) please do let me know, I'd really appreciate it!! Also, do you recommend making the dough from scratch or using one of those ready-made kits?

My first thought is to try make a pumpkin shape out of gingerbread which sounds easy enough - what else should I make? Any spooky characters or item shapes (or scary faces etc) you think could work? Let me know, I'll collect ideas in a list and try make them the best I can and will share a photo here once done so you can see the results. grin

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Not sure @Marjo - not tried one yet!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

A quick update - I haven't forgotten about the baking plans. I've been waiting for news about my new cooker and apparently the landlord has chosen one and it's going to be delivered in the next couple of weeks! yahoo Once I've tested it out I'll get to the baking. 

Message 12 of 13

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Well done @Marjo for patience waiting for a cooker...
Your Landlord takes his time🤓 doesn't he.
Look forward to your cook up...it'll be near xmas then so you can carry on with your Chrissy menu ..bakes ☺

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 13