Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Song Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25336 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

THE SONG LYRICS CHALLENGE

To find the names of the people mentioned in the lyrics of the officially released records.

Hints/clues:

- not every song mentions a name in the lyrics.

- you have to find actual names - some first names, some surnames, some both - in the song lyrics

- lyrics may include a title or rank [e.g. if Miss Bloggs was in the lyrics, it would be included

- lyrics with only "a" or "the" not included [e.g. if "the Carpenter" was in lyrics, it would be excluded]

- some names are included in more than one song [not record]; you have to find all [in separate post]

- some songs include more than one name in lyrics; you have to find all the names [in separate post]

Rules:

- no googling/wiki/social media/playing song on iphone, smart phone, CD, record player

- all entries must be submitted as follows:

[name of person] in lyrics on [name of song] - [e.g. Mrs Bloggs on song Bloggs & Son]

- only one entry (guess) - [name of person] per post; only one post per person per day

- some names appear in lyrics of more than one song [not record], each to be given on separate post

- some lyrics  contain more than one name, each name with title of song [not record] on separate post

- the words of the track Revolution #9 [on "The Beatles" ("White") album] are excluded

- only lyrics of songs on studio recordings officially released between Oct 1962 and May 1970 included

no "live" records, "BBC sessions", or bootleg/unreleased versions

There are 71 answers to find. All answers have been checked against lyrics on official song sheets.

Results - with correct [or incorrect] answers - will be posted each day after posts

Any questions or clarification, please post or pm me.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 374
373 REPLIES 373

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25336 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

And a question: is a Mr or Miss or Mrs, followed by a profession or personal trait allowed? Like, for example, "Little Miss Goody Two-Shoes"?

Thank you for your question. It is best answered with these examples - miss milkmaid is not allowed, but if the name has a title [with capitals letters] for example, Lord Grocer, then it is allowed. 

Hope this helps. If anyone has a question, I will answer it, provided it does not give away a specific answer.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 61 of 374

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Thank you, @Mi-Amigo @. So I have my answer for tomorrow now, provided@MI5 doesn't gazump me again 🤣

Message 62 of 374

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Anna in song Anna (Go to him).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 63 of 374

MusicIan
Level 4: Observant
  • 60 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Joan in Maxwells Silver Hammer

Message 64 of 374

pgn
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:
I have a few more @pgn though it will cost you...joy

Oooh, I couldn't possibly afford your asking price, @Cleoriff , but thank you for offering! Handshake

This challenge could be going on for a few days yet! wink

Message 65 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:
I have a few more @pgn though it will cost you...joy

Oooh, I couldn't possibly afford your asking price, @Cleoriff , but thank you for offering! Handshake

This challenge could be going on for a few days yet! wink

The offer is off the table now @pgn 

Too many people guessing the ones I had in mind!....joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 66 of 374

pgn
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Too many people guessing the ones I had in mind!....joy

"Guessing"? @Mi-Amigo runs a tight ship, there'll be no guessing, if you catch my drift! Cry

Message 67 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Let's just say CHOOSING instead.... Mr Pedantic tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 374

pgn
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Let's just say CHOOSING instead.... Mr Pedantic tongue_winking

Gazumping. Stealing, even, the cads! speak_no_evilLOL

Message 69 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Well I certainly will NOT be the first to post 'tomorrow'.

I will be in bed in a couple of hours as I HAVE to be up for F1 Qualifying.....at 05.00am.

Hells teeth!clown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 374