But if not him then Rocket Ronnie O Sullivan to win Dance

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I must be the only one on here that loves snookerShocked (apart from @Anonymous )

So its semi finals and Ronnie is, as I speak, 10-3 up against Barry Hawkins Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 37

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I must be the only one on here that loves snookerShocked (apart from @Anonymous )

So its semi finals and Ronnie is, as I speak, 10-3 up against Barry Hawkins Bouncy

I love snooker and have done so since I lived next door to John Spencer in the mighty hamlet of Radcliffe, Manchester in the mid 60s. Of the players today though, only Ronnie is worth watching in my opinion. Just all faceless and boring, no real characters.

Message 22 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Couldn't agree more jonsie. My all time favourites are Alex Higgins, Jimmy White and Ronnie.

I loved the characters of John Virgo, Dennis Taylor and Ray Reardon...

Last year my husband put on a Snooker Legends tour. It was brilliant to see all these old players...real

nice guys

Even the new ones were amusing .....

We watched Cliff Thorburn, Dennis Taylor, Jimmy White, John Parrot, Steve Davis...along with Hendry

and Ronnie. ...John Virgo, despite that stroke he had, compered beautifully and with great humour

Actually, that is when my mindset about Ronnie changed dramatically. He was polite and shy...certainly

not arrogant (and posed for numerous photos with me Bouncy)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rock On Rocket Ronnie Fantastic

Cleoriff - I read the biography of Ronnie several years ago & it shows an insight into the man he is = like you say

His on screen persona is not good = particularly in an interview

He is a very, very imposing man on the baize

Yep, Alex Hurricane Higgins did it for me many years ago = remember him in the fedora? hat when winning the World Championship & his lady and daughter all 3 gathered emotionally around the snooker table

It was such a shame his private life was not good, if we are to believe what we read

Apparently his funeral was a lavish affair BUT where were these people when he needed help at the end of his life, when he was a pauper in poor home surroundings

I have his biography to read, & the pictures tell the story for me

On a lighter/brighter note = Who out there remembers Pot Black on the tv & the classic commentary by Whispering Ted Lowe, in black & white tv days? Happy Dance

Message 24 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Ronnie is through to the final...brilliant...

Not sure who he will be playing though as the match between Neil Robertson and Mark Selbyis still going

on.

I suppose I should hope for Mark Selby as he is a Leicester lad....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Ronnie 6-3 ahead in final....fingers crossed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rocket Ronnie Really Rocking Bouncy

Message 27 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Rocket Ronnie Really Rocking Bouncy

Well Wispa the Rocket need to pull everything out of the bag today...He played some brilliant snooker

yesterday and looked unstoppable...then Mark Selby eventually found his stride and pulled himself

back and won some good frames. They start the final session today with Ronnie ahead 10-7

(so as far as I am concerned ...don't do anything stupid RonnieRolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well he's only just gone & done it again = had what I'd say is a mental abberration :womansad:

But, he is a mercurial character so lets see what his 'guru' & Ronnie himself can do together in the meantime before this evening's session starts, but if I'm honest my gut feeling is that Selby who is to me a Modern Day Grinder ala Cliff Thorburn is not to be underestimated slight_frown

Line up the cool long drinks & vittels & be prepared for a long, long night ahead Smiley Frustrated

WispaRed7 Cat

Message 29 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I know Wispa...I think tonights session will go one of two ways

1) Ronnie will come back with unparalled brilliance

2) He will just curl up and go to sleep....

You absolutely never know with Ronnie CrazyCheers

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 37