Did you mean: 

Sepp Blatter To Resign

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123024 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Breaking news apparently

Sepp Blatter the President of Fifa has just announced he will retire. Good news I think...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32982449

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Cleoriff
  • 123024 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
He should've gone years ago, he was at the heart of all the corruption

I agree. It's going to be interesting/sickening to see how this story unfolds...because there is a lot more to come I have no doubt of that Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seeing as how I've read that this corruption is why England's bid failed & another country was also vetoed to host the World Cup
Message 12 of 28

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Considering the absolutely insane decision hold the next two world cups in Russia and Qatar purely because of the money greasing corrupt palms, I couldn't understand how this corrupt, vile, excuse for a man was re elected in the first place. How anyone could remotely think holding a world cup in Qatar in temperatures of 50°C and playing it at Christmas is beyond absurd. Let's hope he is arrested soon before shaming my beloved football any further!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-favourites-to-host-2018-world-cup-...

Message 13 of 28

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Because he made a lot of corrupt fifa officials very rich.
My honest thoughts are that fifa should be gone and replaced with a new official body.
Message 14 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 123024 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Considering the absolutely insane decision hold the next two world cups in Russia and Qatar purely because of the money greasing corrupt palms, I couldn't understand how this corrupt, vile, excuse for a man was re elected in the first place. How anyone could remotely think holding a world cup in Qatar in temperatures of 50°C and playing it at Christmas is beyond absurd. Let's hope he is arrested soon before shaming my beloved football any further!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-favourites-to-host-2018-world-cup-...

I really hope that the article showing England as favourites for 2018, should Russia be disqualified, comes to fruition. (It will give Russia a chance to hate us Brits even more...) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 28

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
The arabs and Russians have thrown a lot of money into football these past few years especially into our premier league and it doesn't take a mastermind to work out how far they would go to get the world cup played in their own back yards.
Message 16 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 123024 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

As expected, the FBI are investigating Sepp Blatter according to Sky News this morning. The newsreaders are quick to say 'he hasn't been charged'......(as yet)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am pleased at this news to say the least

the poor excuse for a man is a disgrace & in disgrace or he will be soon if justice will out

the comments above are interesting 

dunno why it's taken so long for him to 'do the decent thing' how did he think he could hang on in there

money makes the world go round I suppose

@viridis I take on board your quote from David Beckham, & agree the lot should go & a new set-up begin

like the idea @Cleoriff of England being the '1st in line' in stead of Russia

@jonsieI have lived in the UAE, on the Gulf, crazy crazy to even think of playing international standard football in those Qatar temperatures / humidity, & when the European league football is still in progress Crazy

Message 18 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 123024 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Latest news tonight is...the FBI 'appear' to have some information about the Qatar and Russian bids.  Whats the betting that Mr Blatter was aware of this....and resigned... The arrogance of him beggars belief...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 28

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Seems to be the only way to get a world cup these days...bung a few million to fifa officials so they support your bid. To be honest I would be very sceptical about the successful bid by the USA in 1994, awarded to a nation with very few 'soccer' teams at the time. Maybe a bit too close to home for the FBI to investigate. ...?

Message 20 of 28