EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Today is the Day party

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 12.12.23.png

After a week of countdown topics, you should now have a pretty good idea of what your ideal wedding looks like winkYou can put together the location, the outfit, the reception details and the hen/stag do and see what it looks like altogether ... or mix and match from others' answers!

For example I'd pick ...

• Before the big day, a traditionnal hen/stag do: I'd trust @gmarkj or @jonsie with these.
  • @Marjo idea of a wedding in space
  • The gothic dressing code @Cleoriff mentionned
  • A giant tiered victoria sponge by @Anonymous for a classic touch
  • Followed by a honeymoon on Oahu as @Glory1 suggested!

We know some of you will be following today's event, on TV or elsewhere, and it's surely going to be very exciting Confused

So share your thoughts on the Wedding in the comments as the day unfolds, and have a lovely weekend! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

According the the BBC news presenters, there is so much coverage in todays papers, it's as if the wedding happened only yesterday tongue_winking

Apparently, at the reception and again breaking with tradition, Meghan made a speech. As did Harry and William (who referred to Harry as Has thoughout.

At the evening party there was a game of beer pong. initiated by James Corden. Iunderstand Harry, William and Prince Charles participated.

You see @jonsie there is NO escape. Even if you turn off the news, Cleo, the mad royalist, will keep you updated

Oh I have just heard another snippet. Guests to the wedding were given slippers (in case they got worn out standing in high heels. (Not sure, in the interest of equality, whether this gift was given to the men)...wink

I like the idea of Prince Charles playing beer pong @Cleoriff. It makes him down-to-earth, which I've always thought he was. I've liked him since I first saw him interviewed by David Frost (I believe it was) all those years ago when I still lived in the States. Sounds like it was a fun dinner  not stuffy or staid.

And I imagine the men were also given slippers, it is after only fair as they were probably in equal discomfort standing around so longLOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 51 of 62

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Oh another snippet joyjoyjoy

The couples first dance ....again a tad untraditional Dance

Well they've got excellent taste, as this is one of my favourite Whitney Houston songs. Would like to have seen Harry and Meghan boogie on down yahoo

Message 52 of 62

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've done well to miss most of it, don't get newspapers anyway, stayed away from social media, the main tv news and the moment it's mentioned on daytime TV then straight to another channel. Of course then I tune in here How strange that it is only our ladies that have the slightest interest in this cheap tv filler.....

GIF-48407ccf2b2317542673399546e47c16.gif

Message 53 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I've done well to miss most of it, don't get newspapers anyway, stayed away from social media, the main tv news and the moment it's mentioned on daytime TV then straight to another channel. Of course then I tune in here How strange that it is only our ladies that have the slightest interest in this cheap tv filler.....

I doubt it's just the ladies @jonsie

I have a few male friends who loved every minute of it. Even Ray who said  gercha at the thought of it has watched the highlights (slyly ):rofl:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 62

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I have a few male friends who loved every minute of it. Even Ray who said  gercha at the thought of it has watched the highlights (slyly ):rofl:

Same here @Cleoriff. All the male friends I spoke to yesterday, all asked the same question "did you watch the Royal Wedding, wasn't it fantastic?

Message 56 of 62

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Same here @Cleoriff. All the male friends with a feminine side I spoke to yesterday, all asked the same question "did you watch the Royal Wedding, wasn't it fantastic?

There....fixed it!

Message 57 of 62

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Same here @Cleoriff. All the male friends with a feminine side I spoke to yesterday, all asked the same question "did you watch the Royal Wedding, wasn't it fantastic?

There....fixed it!

rofljoy

Message 58 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can assure you @jonsie that Ray has NOT got a 'feminine side'....In fact he would shudder at the very thought of it.joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you know that the Duchess of Sussex wedding dress had a bateau neckline ... heart_eyes

Message 60 of 62