Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R.I.P Caroline Flack

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123405 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

The TV presenter Caroline Flack has ben found dead at her home in London.

She recently lost her job as a presenter of Love Island after charges of assaulting her boyfriend were made.

She was due to face trial in a few weeks

She was only 40. Such a tragedy.

R.I.P Caroline. Thoughts are with family and friends.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8007677/Caroline-Flack-dead.html 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now without poisoning the well here.. There's controversy surrounding the outpouring of grief considering she was due in court in March on domestic abuse charges. Had this been a fella up on charges & committed suicide it would've been good riddance to bad rubbish.

No one deserves to be in a position where suicide seems the only option, but I can't help feeling that an 'alleged' male abuser wouldn't have been afforded the same level of sympathy.

And as I've said elsewhere, a sad time for the family.

Message 2 of 17

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Ironically, the police were the ones pressing charges as the boyfriend didn't want to pursue it.

Conditions of her bail were that she wasn't allowed to contact the boyfriend but it was he who raised the alarm when he couldn't contact her.

Suicide is a terrible thing but for some it's to end pain and despair about the future. It was her choice and the press need to take a hard look at themselves when they hound someone and think that it gives them licence to print all manner of things in order to sell newspapers.

I'm sure e have all done things we aren't proud of but we aren't subject to character assassinations by people with big shovels to keep digging the dirt.

They love to big people up in order to later bring them down. I know some people crave the limelight and we are to expect them to take the rough with the smooth but not when it leads to such tragic events as happened today. RIP Caroline.

Message 4 of 17

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25238 Posts
  • 819 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

R.I.P. Caroline. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123405 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

If I'm correct it was Caroline herself who decided to step away from Love Island, although she may have had no choice in the matter knowing that the police were going to press charges.

We never know what's going through anyones mind when they decide to end their life. So I'm not judging her at all.

I just feel so sorry for those left behind to grieve and probably blame themselves.  Such a tragedy.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23230 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

Very sad news. RIP

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 17

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Iv not read anything only she passed away rest in peace
Message 8 of 17

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10802 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 349 Solutions
I don't watch reality shows there seems to be a lot of stress and unhappiness as well as nastiness. Followed sometimes in ending a life.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 17

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
I don't watch reality shows there seems to be a lot of stress and unhappiness as well as nastiness. Followed sometimes in ending a life.

Not forgetting the Jeremy Bile show in regards to 'reality tv'!!

Message 10 of 17