Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: World Cup!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Note: the poll below is now closed! Thanks for everyone who participated. Check out the results here, and keep an eye out for a new poll soon! slight_smile

Hi guys, I hope you're enjoying your day!

As the World Cup is upon us, our second Off Topic poll is related to that. yahoo

If you'd like to participate in the poll, please find it below and pick the option that you identify with the most. You'll have until Wednesday 20th June evening to participate, and I will post the results in this topic after the poll has closed.

If you haven't registered to the community but would like to vote in the poll, you can do so! However you'll need to register first in order to to participate in the discussion below.

Thanks all in advance! I can't wait to see the results of this one. Happy Dance

Also, feel free to let me know if you have any cool ideas for future polls!

Message 1 of 259
258 REPLIES 258

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144673 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
I had Belgium as my favourite to win but after watching Brazil tonight, I might have to change my mind......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 71 of 259

Cleoriff
  • 123114 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

What a shock!! Germany were the favourites to win I thought. Still there is no chance now that we will lose to them in another penalty shootout  relieved

But there's always Spain, Portugal, Argentina and at least 1 of 4 others we could add to the list before July ends rofl

Quite correct @sheepdog but it's always Germany we seem to fall foul of in the penalty shootouts soccer

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 72 of 259

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff

Manuel Neuer is awesome wink And even has bigger balls as Kahn ever had xD

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 73 of 259

Cleoriff
  • 123114 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

They think.jpg

Sorry @ComaChameleon I saw this and couldn't resist. wink

A classic phrase from England winning the World Cup in 1966 Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 74 of 259

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ComaChameleon wrote:

@Cleoriff

Manuel Neuer is awesome wink And even has bigger balls as Kahn ever had xD

They say he's a good midfielder, but I don't think he'll enjoy watching too many replays of the second goal  Smiley Surprised

I've always enjoyed watching German football, because it's usually so organised and efficient, but they just looked lethargic yesterday. Joachim Löw has been brilliant during his time as national coach, and his record speaks for itself. But Germany have been struggling lately, and it looks as though he's been picking players on reputation rather than form. I'm sure he'll step down now, and no doubt some of the senior players will follow him.

Message 75 of 259

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

oh goodness no. The tuneless England brass band has turned up. Now all we get to hear is "Come on England" in the style of Vuvuzela. Continously.

Boring game so far with Belgium just thinking when to score. 

Message 76 of 259

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

True. If I didn't change the channel at the end of the game I'd have to put up with the pundits bleating on about a missed chance/s Evil

Message 79 of 259

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I've changed channel too, watching Parker on Channel 5. Truth is we played 2 poor teams we should have beaten as expected. Belgium are a good team and they also made 9 changes. Their team tonight would have given our 1st choice eleven a game. We are unlikely to beat Columbia next Tuesday.....

Message 80 of 259