cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayStation 5 games reveal event this week!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Any regulars here will know I'm a big time gamer and PlayStation fan so I was super excited to see that the first PS5 gameplay reveal is happening this week! The PlayStation Blog confirm that we'll get our first look at what the next generation console can so on June 11th at 9pm UK time! 

ENG-featured.jpg

Aside from a few demos this is the first time we're going to get to see the next generation graphics in action and after seeing what games developers did with the current iteration of hardware I''m super excited to see what the future holds! 

Let me know if you'll be tuning in to the demo and what you're excited about for the next generation of console gaming!

PlayStation Blog announcement

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I'm really looking forward to this, not because I'm a PlayStation fan (I'm all about Xbox!), but just so I can see what next gen games will look like and get a taste for what to expect from the Xbox Series X - because their event a couple weeks back wasn't the best and seemed to be mostly pre-rendered.

On a separate note I'm mega looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 and can't wait to see what that looks like on these next gen consoles.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not had any PS action since they banned my account for... 'too many email changes' ?

Always been fascinated with what's to come but PS can blow it out their chuff!

I just hope they show 'gameplay' & not the usual ingame movie filler...

Message 3 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Chris_K yes even though it's not an X Box event it should give you a really good idea on how games will run on the X Box. They have been so similar in the last 3 generations I doubt there will be much difference this time around.

I've never been on for the console wars so hope they are equally impressive. 

That's a shame @Anonymous. Maybe you triggered some sort of fraud prevention measures by changing emails to many times? 

I agree I'd much rather see actual game play then pre-rendered movies. 

I'll be tuning in tonight so I'll update this thread with my thoughts tomorrow! cool yahoo

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Did anyone catch the PS5 games reveal? There were some really awesome looking games and they revealed the console deisgn which was an unexpected surprise! 

I won't list them all here as quite a few games were announced but a few personal highlights for me were the new Horizon game, The first one was one of my favourite games of the current gen and it's great to see a sequel on the way!

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales looks fantastic, I still need to play the original PS4 Spiderman game but it's meant to be really good.

This cat game called Stray caught my eye too! 

I'm interested in hearing more about Solar Ash which looks amazing! 

There were a few other sci fi games that caught my eye too but let me know what your most looking forward to based on what we've seen so far!  

signature

Message 5 of 8

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Let me guess the majority of what the games will be: Driving and First Person Shooters. 

Wait. A cat game? Ooooh sounds original though I doubt it will consist of constant sleeping, eating, demanding attention, more sleeping and making youtube videos. I shall expect laser blasting eyes though. 

Sheepdog 'let me dig out Katamari Damacy on the PS2 in the meantime' mode

Message 6 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Both popular genres @sheepdog so I expect to see a lot of racing and FPS titles on the next generation. I'm hoping to see more indie games which try to be a bit more creative. 

signature

Message 7 of 8

O2Nathan
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I did @Martin-O2! Is it strange to say I'm really looking forward to seeing the UI? It was a great showcase, looking forward to getting more info about it. Not sure if it'll be a day one purchase for me or not - I've just got myself an OLED TV and playing Destiny 2 at 4K 60fps is very, very appealing.

@sheepdog your post made me think of untitled goose game which, I'd like to think, is a very accurate representation of what they get up to on a daily basis

Message 8 of 8