Did you mean: 

O2`s Saturday Night Film Club - Saturday October 27th

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Hello all. This is an extention to the thread started by APM about films Here

Each saturday were going to select a few films that are available for everyone on freeview channels. If this takes off we could get a friday cub going as well slight_smile

Each of us gets to vote on what movie you think we should all watch slight_smile

After the voting is complete well release the results friday night or saturday midday.

We can then all sit and watch the movie and discuss how good or bad it is slight_smile

All movies will be accompanied with a link to the Youtube trailer, An IMDB rating and link and a short blurb.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

20:00-22:15 on ITV2 (135m)

A young boy wins a tour through the most magnificent chocolate factory in the world, led by the world's most unusual candy maker.

More info

Score:6.8

Joe Kidd (1972)

20:30-22:15 on Five (105m)

An ex-bounty hunter reluctantly helps a wealthy landowner and his henchmen track down a Mexican revolutionary leader.

More info

Score:6.4

Smokey and the Bandit (1977)

21:00-23:00 on ITV4 (120m)

The Bandit is hired on to run a tractor trailer full of beer over county lines in hot pursuit by a pesky sheriff.

More info

Score: 6.7

Honey (2003)

21:00-23:00 on VIVA (120m)

Honey is a sexy, tough music video choreographer who shakes up her life after her mentor gives her an ultimatum: sleep with him or be blacklisted within their industry.

More info

Score: 4.8

The A-Team (2010)

21:05-23:25 on Channel 4 (140m)

A group of Iraq War veterans looks to clear their name with the U.S. military, who suspect the four men of committing a crime for which they were framed.

More info

Score: 6.9

Today You Die (2005)

22:00-23:50 on Five USA (110m)

A former thief who is trying to go straight seeks vengeance on those who framed him.

More info

Score: 3.9

An American Haunting (2005)

22:05-00:00 on 5* (115m)

Based on the true events of the only case in US History where a spirit caused the death of a man.

More info

Score: 4.9

Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)

22:15-23:35 on BBC3 (80m)

Laurie Strode, now the dean of a Northern California private school with an assumed name, must battle the Shape one last time and now the life of her own son hangs in the balance.

More info

Score: 5.4

A lot of old movies this time around slight_smile Along with some great classic horrors slight_smile What a great selection.

Let the voting begin slight_smile Winners will(should) be annouced on saturday midday.

Bring a good drink slight_smile

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 135
134 REPLIES 134

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If I were allowed certain privileges again I believe I can semi remove the ability to multi vote:)

Besides time scale wish its rather obvious when someone is skewing the results:) therefore they're omitted from results:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 31 of 135

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You have handled this well Liquid, we're really harking back to the old forum when anyone could set up a poll and some were too stupid for words.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 32 of 135

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry I misread 😞

Sounds as though I may have enjoyed the previous forum:) haha
Message 33 of 135

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I can't understand why anyone would want to vote more than once, it's supposed to be a fun thing!

There's always Sky+ to record the film of your choice if not selected.

Message 34 of 135

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
Sorry I misread 😞

Sounds as though I may have enjoyed the previous forum:) haha

I don't think so, the moderators were ruthless, even imagined when stuff should be removed.

Ask sheepdog, they even closed his account and he lost his post count at around 5000,

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 35 of 135

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Or just don't join in:)

I've only had to remove 4 votes. Even If they were legit it still hasn't altered the leader as of yet.

Just seems coincidental to have 3 votes for the same movie in 5 minutes haha

wow that's terrible:( I conpletely withdraw previous comment:(

Message 36 of 135

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
To be honest, that's my concern with polls. I only think we should do it if we can regularly action the results of it.

Polls were frustrating here for a long time.

Noob joins and 1st post is a poll along the lines of "Did O2 rip me off" Yes or No.

However, a blanket ban on everybody creating a poll seems a bit harsh.

I need to reiterate this, when the Superusers were testing this site we were told that we would have additional abilities on the site when it went live. Maybe creating a poll could have been one of them?

#siwy
Message 37 of 135

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Browni out of pure interest was it you who really likes the taking of pelham123 3 times in 2 minutes? Haha

Or just testing your theory?

i can completely understand the pointless pollhow's however inclined I would be to start a;

justin bieber. Male or female?

[]female

[]male

Message 38 of 135

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think a poll was one of them, browni. On most forums it's just something you can start in a thread, but with Lithium, I think you need to 'officially' set it up in the backoffice and you would have a poll in the right panel. Not sure though slight_smile
Message 39 of 135

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions
Yep, it was me a few minutes ago. I tried to quote one of your earlier posts but the forum wouldn't let me! IP Addy ends in .8

Any DDoS attacks to my router will be referred to GCHQ!
#siwy
Message 40 of 135