cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Nokia maps arrives android free offline navigation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : Nokia maps arrives android free offline navigation. 

Excerpt from the Link "What makes Nokia’s HERE so good? It has free offline navigation, which is great if you’re somewhere without signal. There are maps for hundreds of countries so it’s perfect for holidays. And there’s up to date information on public transport. Plus the maps are all really accurate and have all the navigation features, like spoken directions, you’d expect from a sat nav."

My Thoughts :

Bring able to use this offline is a big plus ,and I'm looking forward to this bring available for iOS soon. 😄

Source : The Lowdown. 

Read more Nokia maps arrives android free offline navigation

image.jpg

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Excellent....

Just need to make sure people have sufficent storage to store relevant maps on their internal/external storage....

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 2 of 11

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

The below article shows a few differences between Google Maps and Nokia Here Maps;

http://www.therem.org/google-maps-vs-microsoft-here-maps-online-maps-vs-offline-maps/1221708/

Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 3 of 11

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I thought i would give a brief review, i am no expert on this but I used this app at the weekend on a 110 mile journey, a mixture of A,B roads and Motorway. I was very impressed by the Navigation. It can definitely be used offline, but i switched mine on online to receive traffic information. It used up over 2 hours approx 25mb of data but that also included e-mails and whats app messages i was receiving in the background. I was impressed with the accurate information of the speed limit of the roads i was travelling on.... Just to say i was impressed with it....
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.

Sounds like one to have - when I can as an iOS user 😉
Message 5 of 11

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

From the articles i have read ios users should hopefully get it within a couple of months....

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's hoping then. 😄
Message 7 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27848 Solutions
Anything has to be better than Apple maps wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 11

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

on another note, i downloaded only the UK map at it took up approx 675mb of storage, so if anybody comes to download the maps, just ensure they have enough storage on their phone or card and use wifi where possible to avoid using up large consumption of data.

I think looking at it all the maps around the world are available to download so it can be used anywhere....

Message 9 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27848 Solutions
Probably worth having a large capacity SD card just dedicated to map storage....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 11