cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Internet trolls face up to two years in jail under new laws.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : Internet trolls face up to two years in jail under new laws.

Excerpts from the Link "Internet trolls could face up to two years in jail under new laws, Justice Secretary Chris Grayling has said."

My thoughts :

About time a sentence reflects the crime.

Such activities can affect someone's life so much in many ways including the worst case scenario.

Some people don't realise what they say / how they say it and how they treat others on forums can hurt ,and sadly some actually do !

Source : BBC News.

Read more here : Internet trolls face up to two years in jail under new laws

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My thoughts :

About time a sentence reflects the crime.

Such activities can affect someone's life so much in many ways including the worst case scenario.

Some people don't realise what they say / how they say it and how they treat others on forums can hurt ,and sadly some actually do !

@jonsie I may be wrong but no one in this particular thread has said "bullying" goes on in the O2 Community Forum. 

Apologies if that wasn't your intention but that's how I interpreted your post...

Oh heck No, definitely Not @jonsie I've never been bullied here. 

I've had differences with people here Yes, haven't we all at some stage ? but I have either stopped engaging in that particular post or PM'd to apologise if my post seemed to be taken the wrong way. Many of my edits are to change how I've wrote something as I've felt that it's mot reading right or fair. 

I firmly believe in open discussion but communication is a two way street. If I've ever done anything to upset / annoy then that's what the Pm system is partly for - however that's delendant on if the other party wants to read it. 

So my apologies if that part of my post came across that way. 

No matter what I fully respect everyone here.

Message 21 of 35

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie 

I believe there is also now a new breed of troll.

The addict troll who is connected to the internet for most of the day, mainly to forums/Facebook/Twitter.

Liken it to an alcoholic or chain smoker who gets out of bed and immediately needs a drink or cigarette.

Also they usually deny their addiction to family and friends when questioned. 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 22 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where the hell have my posts gone?

Why no PM?
why no explanation?

Why?
Message 23 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 123877 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

Took down about midnight Kev...no explanation...NOR understanding I think...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like the regime still runs strong.

Message 25 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

There were very valid points in there so it's a little disjointed but taken down or not, points made and hopefully taken on board. I have no problem with this as maybe it was something that should have been discussed by PM but to be honest I have no desire in entering private correspondence to discuss it. I wanted it in the open as he initial post hinted at bullying on the forum (in my opinion).

Other issues were openly discussed which took the thread way off topic but people shouldn't play with matches and expect not to be burnt. Thanks to all who contributed and agreed in prinipal to my views and feelings. Nothing further can really be added now so I would respectfully ask that the thread is locked and left to gather dust and cobwebs.

Message 26 of 35

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
I'm sending you a PM now Kev.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 27 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
Message 28 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 123877 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

Just to make a point here...I also made at least 4 posts on this thread. As yet I have received no official reason as to why my posts were removed? All valid posts I might add

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 30 of 35