Did you mean: 

New web browser for power users

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

I for one would be totally lost without tab browsing both for work and personal use but its easy to end up with way to many tabs open making finding the one your looking for a pain and also slowing down the old PC. 

The recently launched Vivaidi browser has some pretty cool features like allowing you to view several web pages in the same tab and set up custom keyboard shortcuts for the various functions.

I'll definitely be giving this a go soon!

Do you guys have a preference when it comes to your web browser and if so why?  

Full article here

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12154 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions
Does sound very interesting, and would like to give it a go before passing a final judgement.
I am rather bad at having a number of tabs open (usually 4+ but have had 10-12 before) and trying to flick between them can be a pain - I have dragged tabs out to seperate them so they can both be open at the same time.
Much like the way I have two screens at work and use different instances of something (normally excel) so I can either copy/paste or compare things!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff Which browser do you normally use? 

@gmarkj I'm the same although I average 10 + tabs when working slight_frown It can be hard to keep track sometimes. I've never used 2 screens but became a master at Alt/tab when copy pasting for work! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 19

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12154 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions
The two screens thing is only since I started this job, so I'm still getting used to it.
But when you are dealing with monthly and yearly forecasts, it makes a massive difference!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123402 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Martin-O2 Now before I start let me say I use my laptop or tablet for most things.

Why?? This is the reason.....Image taken from laptop with all my tabs on display.....

tab headers.PNG

Image taken from phone....Three tabs open but only one on display

tabs mobile.jpg

First to admit I am a greenhorn with this....there is probably a way of displaying all open tabs on mobile...but at present I have no idea. Smiley Embarassed

I have never bothered to learn... because I nearly always have my laptop or tablet available...

I will now wait to be instructed Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Its just as quick to press the button with the tab numbers and then tap the tab wanted, than clicking on the tabs in Windows, at most a second difference.

Message 15 of 19

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Though you can now set chrome to integrate tabs with recent apps button, so one press of thar will display all open tabs
Message 16 of 19

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
And chrome on tablets shows same as Windows, I.e names of pages.
Message 17 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123402 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Its just as quick to press the button with the tab numbers and then tap the tab wanted, than clicking on the tabs in Windows, at most a second difference.

I agree but doing that ^^^^^... immediately 'covers over' the tab I was reading...therefore a lot of flicking to and fro to remember? As an example.. I posted the article about Cyborg spinal implants this morning. No way could I have done that on mobile as I would have needed to keep flicking back to the article in the Telegraph (which for me would have been very time consuming)

I think this may well be an age thing and what I am used to doing? (GOD I hate saying that) slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123402 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
And chrome on tablets shows same as Windows, I.e names of pages.

Yes...which is why I did say I used laptop or tablets. Anyway in an effort to improve my mind...I may well be posting a new 'help me to learn' topic....Bouncy...This thread probably isnt the place to do it

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 19