Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nature in Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25336 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the fourth in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

NATURE IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is an alphabetical list of nature-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find which word appears in which song, or songs.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In these cases, the number of songs in which the word appears is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

No "live" recording; BBC sessions; Polydor records; bootlegs; unreleased tracks.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Entries for Saturday 13 April, and each subsequent night, can be posted between 11pm and midnight. Results, with the number of answers for each word still to be found, will then be posted.

The list of nature-related words appears in a separate post below:

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 334
333 REPLIES 333

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Sand - Run For Your Life

🏃🤞

IMG_20190419_065839.jpg

Already done dude..... 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Nature-in-Lyrics-Challenge/td-p/1213420/page/8

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 121 of 334

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Although this would be more work for @Mi-Amigo (apologies) I think now is probably the right time for us to have one big masterlist of ALL the songs in which the nature lyric has been found? ie

DOG (4)  Hard Days Night ...Dig A Pony (songs found)

We have found a lot and I admit, I am having to scroll back to see if the one I want to use next has already been posted.

Or is this just a problem for me? Please feel free to be truthful LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 122 of 334

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just for you, @Cleoriff - I have @MI5 to keep me right (thank you) roflHug

Message 123 of 334

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes, but it was obviously a problem in the first place as you messed up. 

@MI5  would have been no help to you... had he been doing some painting, plumbing or diddling about on the river... joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 124 of 334

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Anyway, forget all that as @Mi-Amigo  already does it (every night!!) rolling_eyes

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Nature-in-Lyrics-Challenge/m-p/1214930/highlight/true#M13497...

I really must go and have a lie down in a darkened room.....or have my bumps felt. What a twerp!! joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 125 of 334

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25336 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good to see you guys playing nicely while I was a kip.

Maybe the list of found songs was not detailed initially but now I have broken it down with which each song the found word is in.

Oh, and by the way, because you are all really good at these lyric searches, just a gentle reminder:

no live recordings; no bootlegs; no Polydor records; no unreleased tracks - as mentioned on page 1.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 126 of 334

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

To be honest @Mi-Amigo  I wouldn't know what was a Polydor release and what wasn't.

You would have to be a real Beatles fanatic to know that I think.

That being so, I expect at some time I will mess up. I may know what song a nature word is in, I certainly wouldn't know what record label it was released on (unless I checked)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 127 of 334

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

To be honest @Mi-Amigo  I ... 

... certainly wouldn't know what record label it was released on (unless I checked)

Ditto for me, @Cleoriff - and "checking" implies a bit of disallowed Googling... Catch-22 upside_down

Message 128 of 334

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

To be honest @Mi-Amigo  I ... 

... certainly wouldn't know what record label it was released on (unless I checked)

Ditto for me, @Cleoriff - and "checking" implies a bit of disallowed Googling... Catch-22 upside_down

Indeed it does. If honest when l skimmed through the rules, I missed the Polydor mention completely.

Out of interest @Mi-Amigo , could I ask why they are banned?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 129 of 334

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes, but it was obviously a problem in the first place as you messed up. 

@MI5  would have been no help to you... had he been doing some painting, plumbing or diddling about on the river... joy

Well you may recall I mentioned my list joy Well I tick off anything that's on my list when it's found. Now, of course, you realise having said that I'll be the next one to post something that's already been found. Nothing like being too clever LOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 130 of 334