Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nature in Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the fourth in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

NATURE IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is an alphabetical list of nature-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find which word appears in which song, or songs.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In these cases, the number of songs in which the word appears is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

No "live" recording; BBC sessions; Polydor records; bootlegs; unreleased tracks.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Entries for Saturday 13 April, and each subsequent night, can be posted between 11pm and midnight. Results, with the number of answers for each word still to be found, will then be posted.

The list of nature-related words appears in a separate post below:

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 334
333 REPLIES 333

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

The reason why these are the right answers in this Challenge is same reason which I gave to accepting

STREAM = Tomorrow Never Knows, explaining some say the lyric are "downstream" as one word but my sources give two words; and also accepted

WORM = Roll Over Beethoven. Although I did not say at the time, some say the lyric is "glow-worm" as one word, but my sources give two words, which is why I accepted the answer.

Whilst I can understand the differences in opinion as to whether or not these are correct, I reached my decision from considering the references in my extensive library of Beatles` book rather than some of the rather dubious lyrics posted on internet sites.

I just want  to make reference to this section (in bold) above @Mi-Amigo 

I have absolutely no issue with this and your decisions at at all.

YOU are the quizmaster and set the questions along with the rules.

I think you have been very fair in admitting (and allowing) SONGS which you didn't have on your original list. As you said, you learnt something new when this happened. 

Roll on the next one. Thanks for organising them. wink

I second @Cleoriff's comments above and could kick myself, as I knew I would, as to the 2 missing answers. I heard them, but didn't hear them or even think of them after listening to my Beatles tracks umpteen times.

I also appreciate the trouble you take organising these Challenges @Mi-Amigo  all which I have thoroughly enjoyed taking part in. Can't wait for the next one smiling

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 321 of 334

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Yes, congratulations @Bambino for winning this Challenge. I'm not surprised as your knowledge is extensive so well done Hero

Message 322 of 334

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie 

Loving the new avatar. You've had the other one so long, I hardly recognised you kissing_heart

Yes, I noticed that in the early hours, really cool @jonsie.

Message 323 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

The reason why these are the right answers in this Challenge is same reason which I gave to accepting

STREAM = Tomorrow Never Knows, explaining some say the lyric are "downstream" as one word but my sources give two words; and also accepted

WORM = Roll Over Beethoven. Although I did not say at the time, some say the lyric is "glow-worm" as one word, but my sources give two words, which is why I accepted the answer.

Whilst I can understand the differences in opinion as to whether or not these are correct, I reached my decision from considering the references in my extensive library of Beatles` book rather than some of the rather dubious lyrics posted on internet sites.

I just want  to make reference to this section (in bold) above @Mi-Amigo 

I have absolutely no issue with this and your decisions at at all.

YOU are the quizmaster and set the questions along with the rules.

I think you have been very fair in admitting (and allowing) SONGS which you didn't have on your original list. As you said, you learnt something new when this happened. 

Roll on the next one. Thanks for organising them. wink

I second @Cleoriff's comments above and could kick myself, as I knew I would, as to the 2 missing answers. I heard them, but didn't hear them or even think of them after listening to my Beatles tracks umpteen times.

I also appreciate the trouble you take organising these Challenges @Mi-Amigo  all which I have thoroughly enjoyed taking part in. Can't wait for the next one smiling

Thank you @Glory1 for your kind comments.

As I have said, in researching these Challenges I have tried to find a baance between easy and harder answers, and to add that little "kick myself" element - which saw a few of you come close to getting the last of the answers.

I love researching and planning these Challenges because not only do I listen to Beatles tracks, including less well known ones, over and over again, but dig out my library to check the lyrics and am often surprised to find the odd word in a lyric which I would not have thought of to add to the list.

The next one - Weather In Lyrics Challenge is up - with a list of weather-related words and the number of answers to find.

Would everyone please note the new Challenge opens at 11pm tonight when the first answer can be submitted up to 11pm tomorrow.

I hope everyone enjoys and has fun with the new one.

Thanks

Mi-Amigo

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 324 of 334

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I did reference seashells and it was indeed "Julia'. I didn't put the song because I was unsure it would be accepted.

Message 325 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I did reference seashells and it was indeed "Julia'. I didn't put the song because I was unsure it would be accepted.

Hi @jonsie 

Love your new avatar.

As I`ve said, I can understand why you and some of the others did not go for one of the last two words. That said, you and @Bambino did take the Challenge "to the wire", which I, and I am sure the others, all appreciated.

I hope that you will join in with new one - Weather In Lyrics Challenge, which is now up but, despite a post and good wishes from @Anonymous  does not open until 11pm [not midnight tonight] when the first answer can be posted.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 326 of 334

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Hi @jonsie 

Love your new avatar.

As I`ve said, I can understand why you and some of the others did not go for one of the last two words. That said, you and @Bambino did take the Challenge "to the wire", which I, and I am sure the others, all appreciated.

I hope that you will join in with new one - Weather In Lyrics Challenge, which is now up but, despite a post and good wishes from @Anonymous  does not open until 11pm [not midnight tonight] when the first answer can be posted.

Well me and my list are ready to go for the Weather in Lyrics Challenge @Mi-Amigo. Don't know if it'll be a race with @Cleoriff or not at 11pm but either way am looking forward to it.

Message 327 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Glory1 

You and your list? Loving it yahoo Mind you, the lists served you well in the last Challenge - coming in as runner-up. Although there might be a race as to who posts first at 11pm, there are plenty to choose from this time - some more difficult than others - so from the start and as the Challenge goes on, it should be fun.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 328 of 334

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Glory1 

You and your list? Loving it yahoo Mind you, the lists served you well in the last Challenge - coming in as runner-up. Although there might be a race as to who posts first at 11pm, there are plenty to choose from this time - some more difficult than others - so from the start and as the Challenge goes on, it should be fun.

Yes, I noticed there were some I really didn't recognise, though I found a few of those. Amazing what you often don't hear in a song till your sort of listening for it.

I did pretty well for a quick trawl through my Beatles' tracks but I've still some to find. It may be I never find them because I don't have the tracks they're on but we'll see what I find when I go round again.

Now, it's just a case of my first post, do I pick an easy one or a more difficult one Thoughful

Message 329 of 334

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I couldn't work without my list either @Mi-Amigo 

My brain cells couldn't hold all that info.

By the end of the challenge, said list is very grubby and greasy rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 330 of 334