Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Community Manager

Movies in May 2019

Hey everyone, 

It's time for May's movie discussion but before we get started let me know which movies you watched back in April! We wen't over several up-coming films in last months thread but the big one for me was Avengers End game! 

I thoroughly enjoyed the film! It had some great character moments, lots of action and nicely concluded the last 10 years of Marvel movies. I would 100% recommend. cool

Coming up in May the first movie on my watch list is John Wick Chapter 3 - Parabellum, which sees the out of retirement hitman on the run from his former colleagues and is a must watch for action fans! 

Next up is some sci fi in the form of Life Like, the story of a life like robot which starts to surpass the restrictions of it's programing. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 15.42.44.png 

Brightburn is a twisted version of the Superman story but this time he's a psychopath rather then earths mightiest hero! Definitely one to check out if the recent flood of comic book films has grown stale. 

Set in the same universe and the recent Godzilla and king Kong movies, Godzilla: King of the Monsters follows the heroic efforts of the cryptozoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god sized monsters

The final movie to keep an eye out for is Ma, a psychological horror-thriller where a lonely woman who befriends a group of teenagers is not what she seems. 

A good mix of action, sci fi and horror cominig up in May! Which films are you most excited for next month? Let us know below! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 23: Casual Specs

Re: Movies in May 2019

HI @Martin-O2 

John Wick Chapter 3 ~ Parabellum ~ sounds ok to me

and 

Life Like ~ better see this before the introduction of robots into daily life!

Topics: 529

Defo John Wick
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

For me it's definitely Life Like, Brightburn, Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Ma. I'm into horror/monster films, Sci-fi and psychological thrillers.

Not seen any of the John Wick films as I'm not a fan of Keanu Reeves, who I find a rather wooden actor. That said, I do love action movies, so may watch the first in the series to see if it's worth viewing the second and the latest. And I did enjoy Constantine, where Reeves was okay, so may enjoy him in his John Wick persona.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Community Manager

@TallTrees yes it's worth seeing what can go wrong with Robots before you invite them in! joy

I'm very excited for the latest John Wick instalment @MI5. Do you prefer the first or second film so far? 

Plenty for the horror and sci fi fans this month @Glory1smiling I think you'd like John Wick if you enjoy a sold, well choreographed action movie. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@TallTrees yes it's worth seeing what can go wrong with Robots before you invite them in! joy

I'm very excited for the latest John Wick instalment @MI5. Do you prefer the first or second film so far? 

Plenty for the horror and sci fi fans this month @Glory1smiling I think you'd like John Wick if you enjoy a sold, well choreographed action movie. 

Now I do like a solid, well choreographed action movie @Martin-O2 so fully intend to give John Wick a viewing. I can overlook Keanu Reeves' acting, or lack thereof, for a good action flick. I managed to enjoy Constantine even with him in the lead role, though him being cast as the lead did initially put me off.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 529

The originals are always the best ones @Martin-O2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 23: Casual Specs

Hi @Martin-O2 

I watched the movie "Life Like" trailer......oh sinister ~ gone off robots (for the time beingrofl)

Topics: 545

I enjoyed the John Wick films so I'm really looking forward to the third one in the series.

Level 41: Prodigal

Would agree that Endgame was a great way to conclude the last 10 years @Martin-O2.
Not sure I will be back at the cinema for any of these, but on the watch list will be John Wick, Godzilla and Brightburn for sure.
Life Like will probably also be added at some point.
Surprised there is no mention for Detective Pikachu, Aladdin or Rocketman which (according to Wikipedia) are also out in May.
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band