Did you mean: 

Movies in May 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's time for May's movie discussion but before we get started let me know which movies you watched back in April! We wen't over several up-coming films in last months thread but the big one for me was Avengers End game! 

I thoroughly enjoyed the film! It had some great character moments, lots of action and nicely concluded the last 10 years of Marvel movies. I would 100% recommend. cool

Coming up in May the first movie on my watch list is John Wick Chapter 3 - Parabellum, which sees the out of retirement hitman on the run from his former colleagues and is a must watch for action fans! 

Next up is some sci fi in the form of Life Like, the story of a life like robot which starts to surpass the restrictions of it's programing. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 15.42.44.png 

Brightburn is a twisted version of the Superman story but this time he's a psychopath rather then earths mightiest hero! Definitely one to check out if the recent flood of comic book films has grown stale. 

Set in the same universe and the recent Godzilla and king Kong movies, Godzilla: King of the Monsters follows the heroic efforts of the cryptozoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god sized monsters

The final movie to keep an eye out for is Ma, a psychological horror-thriller where a lonely woman who befriends a group of teenagers is not what she seems. 

A good mix of action, sci fi and horror cominig up in May! Which films are you most excited for next month? Let us know below! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Let me know what you think once you've watched it @Glory1 ! I agree Keanu Reeves can be a bit wooden but I've always enjoyed his movies. Constantine was decent. Did you ever watch the TV adaptation? 

I agree @MI5 Sequels can be great but rarely surpass the original. 

Sinister is the best word for it @TallTrees ! joy I'm looking forward to seeing that one! 

Same here @jonsie. I really like how they expanded the shadowy world of the hitmen. 

@gmarkj I definitely need to watch Endgame a few more times but I thoroughly enjoyed it. slight_smile

You're right I missed a few potential gems there! I'm mostly interested in Detective Pikachu out of the 3 you mentioned. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 11