Did you mean: 

Movies in March 2021

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's movie thread time again! Before we continue did anyone watch any of the films discussed in last months thread?

On to the movie recommendations for this month which are all available on the main streaming sites. yahoo

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 13.11.07.png

Whilst I don't know a great deal about this movie the trailer really caught my eye when a robot throws a spear at a spaceship! Space Sweepers is about a group of space junk collectors who encounter a friendly robot that's actually a weapon of mass destruction. 

Capone is the next film on the list which see's Tom Hardy take on the role of the famous gangster as he deals with the mental decline from his worsening dementia. The film hasen't received the best reviews but I'll still check it out for Tom Hardy alone! 

I first saw Midsommar at the cinema when it first came out and I really enjoyed the slow burn as the story of a group of American students who encounter a strange cult gradually builds up to its disturbing conclusion. 

Next up is a classic that I've just added to my list over on Disney Star. I'm sure most of you have seen Con Air already but if not I'd highly recommend it! It's a classic 90's action movie with Nicolas Cage staring as a wrongly convicted criminal trying to get back to his family. 

Lastly is a film I've been meaning to watch for ages but only got around to watching recently. Deadpool 2 is the follow up to the 18+ super hero movie that is held up as proof that you can do a successful comic book film with adult themes. 

These are just a few suggestions from me on what to watch this month and we'd love to hear what's on your watch list for March! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I doubt I will watch either. Makes you wonder how people get the finance to make such trash. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I doubt I will watch either. Makes you wonder how people get the finance to make such trash. rofl

I probably shouldn't mention Jurassic Galaxy then. Featuring even less dinosaurs and try not to notice the graffetti in the background of an alien world thats never had a human touch it. Or the gravel road. 

But these types of films are breeding grounds for future film-makers to learn their craft and where they discover a career at McDonalds has better prospects. Having watched Battle Beyond the Stars recently (Amazon Prime is great for 80's sci-fi), looking into the background crew, the film gave a certain James Cameron a rather interesting career.

Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

But these types of films are breeding grounds for future film-makers to learn their craft and where they discover a career at McDonalds has better prospects. Having watched Battle Beyond the Stars recently (Amazon Prime is great for 80's sci-fi), looking into the background crew, the film gave a certain James Cameron a rather interesting career.

Good point @sheepdog. Terminator and Aliens are classics. Not to mention Titanic. yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure why but Blood Vessel caught my eye. weary

Message 14 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gmarkj I loved Logan! It was a really great send off for the wolverine character and Hugh Jackman's portrayal of him. 

The Boys is a great watch too, very different from the comics but in a good way. 

Jurassic Thunder sounds like a right laugh @sheepdog! I'll have to add that one to my list. I've also noticed a lot of b movies on Prime and have been meaning to watch some of the better looking sci fi films. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 15