Did you mean: 

Movies in March - 2019!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone,

There are some really interesting movies coming out this month with quite a few that I'm super keen to see! Before we get to that did anyone see any of the films we discussed last month and if so what did you think and would you recommend any of them to the community? 

The big release is Captain Marvel, the latest movie in the MCU franchise and the last film before the highly anticipated Avengers End Game. I'm a fan of the Marvel movies and have seen them all so I'll definitely be checking this one out. 

To give a bit of balance to last years very polished drama First Man,  Apollo 11 is a documentary that chronicles Apollo 11's mission to land a man on the moon. 

I came across the trailer for this one quite by accident but it really peaked my interest. Captive State is set 10 years after the occupation of Earth by a mysterious alien race and follows an attempted rebellion. 

A really interesting horror movie called Us is out in March in which a family are terrorised by their own doppelgangers! 

Lastly Danny DeVito stars in a live action Dumbo movie! I had no idea they were retelling this story so it's worth a look. 

What do you think of this months movie releases? Are you planning to see anything and which films are you looking forward to the most? 

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 11.08.47.png

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12088 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Marvel films are one of the few that I make an effort for @Martin-O2. They really do need to be seen in that format where possible.
It helps that I got some free tickets through my bank, and some vouchers as well!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Duh Me!! I have just realised I was talking about Captain AMERICA, instead of Captain Marvel, sorry about that...I will look forward to comments about Captain Marvel then Banana

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Marvel films are one of the few that I make an effort for @Martin-O2. They really do need to be seen in that format where possible.
It helps that I got some free tickets through my bank, and some vouchers as well!!

I agree with you @gmarkj. But it isn't a choice.for me any more; health reasons mean I can no longer go to the cinema, so have to enjoy films on the 'small' screen instead. Not the same but better than not seeing the film at all.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 41

gmarkj
  • 12088 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Sorry to hear that you miss out on that @Glory1, but so long as you have a decent TV (and possibly surround sound) then it's not too bad...
Confused.com @Cleoriff - do you mean you do not like Capt. America or you don't like Capt. Marvel?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 14 of 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I'm not keen on Captain America. (but I was talking about him instead of Captain Marvel in an earlier post) No wonder you are confused. So was I when I realised what I had written...upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Sorry to hear that you miss out on that @Glory1, but so long as you have a decent TV (and possibly surround sound) then it's not too bad...
Confused.com @Cleoriff - do you mean you do not like Capt. America or you don't like Capt. Marvel?

Yes, I do have a decent TV; Samsung 32" Smart TV. Great picture and sound. I want a 4K TV but they have to come down in size. Even the 42" is too big for my flat. Any way that's a totally 'nother story.

Right phone just arrived, so I'll say bye bye for now.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 16 of 41

gmarkj
  • 12088 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Ah. Thanks for clearing that up @Cleoriff. Any particular reason? Super fans that I know rather like the job that Chris Evans has done playing the character.
To further muddy that waters, the Captain Marvel film is about the Marvel version of a character with that name - a film called Shazam from DC is also about a character that is actually called Captain Marvel!!
Sounds like you have a set up that suits you @Glory1. I know a number of people that simply cannot have a large enough TV regardless of if it fits and/or is of any use to have one that size!

Message 17 of 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@gmarkj 

I just don't warm to Captain America as I do to all the other characters. Put it this way, if there was a choice of films featuring Captain America or Iron Man, I would go for Iron Man.

Having said all that, I will watch out for Captain Marvel and see what I think joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 41

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff , @gmarkj  I really like the Captain America character. Winter Solider is one of my favourite Marvel movies. Iron Man is still the core of the films though with some great interactions between both characters. 

@Glory1  I've always thought they should make new films available to stream at the same time as they come out in the cinema, all be it for a higher price then a cinema ticket. With home setups these days I don't think you'd miss out on the quality of the cinema. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 41

gmarkj
  • 12088 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Winter Solider is rather good isn't it?
Iron Man/Tony Stark is the character with the most progression, although you could also say that about Captain America/Steve Rogers.
I am very interested in seeing what they are doing next - they have a number of dates planned for releases, but nothing confirmed title/character wise yet (apart from Endgame and Homecoming).

Message 20 of 41